View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BST50N View Post
I tried the tap tap method a couple of times last week. First time I got it to work great, car launched pretty hard - seemed to hit 5k RPM before it lept off the line. Tried to do it twice more after this and I got 'slow down' and car wouldn't drive!? To get it to even drive I had to put it into neutral and back to D. Let it cool down for a bit and tried again. Same thing, got slow down and car wouldn't move forward. Disengaging D and Re engaging got it driving again, but I'm a bit concerned that this isn't healthy. Probably wont be trying this again for a while!
Did you try this order?

Tap tap tap

Release brake
Mash gas

Make sure when you mash the pedal the brake is no longer engaged. The car won't move until a half second later anyway, it has to spool. Check the video I posted. I launched today at 5.5k no problems. Tap tap tap up to 3-4k, release brake and mash gas at the same time(brake released slightly before you mash gas), the rev jumps up to 5ish without the brake. It all happens within a half second or so. If done right you won't get the slow down light.

And yes you are correct it isn't healthy. But it sure is quick.

2010 rg sportback

Last edited by skills; 01-06-2013 at 07:39 PM.