View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 02:00 AM

Accelerating: Light throttle will save gas, heavy throttle will kill gas. Keeping the speed steady will save much more gas than on/off throttle driving conditions such as city/traffic.

Braking: See big post mentioned above ^. However, Brakes on the RA isn't the greatest and bedsides the trans cooler... I would recommend changing the setup up with better Pads/Rotors and Brake Lines+Fluids. Then Save for a BBK (Big Brake Kit)

e-braking: Not gonna lie, I've used this to big the back end of the RA to rotate on some turns... NOT YANK the e-brake but just enough to create some sort of DRAG... Hard to explain...

downshifting: Has the same principles as a manual car does.... Also refer to big post above ^

upshifting: ^ Same as downshifting...... Look at Above Post

Auto mode: I personally only use it.... nvm I never use it.

Manual mode: I always have it in manual mode with ASC off and Sport mode. I recommend the same setup.

Tarmac mode: I leave it in Tarmac mode at all times other than REALLY wet conditions.... NO Tarmac/Gravel/Snow DOES NOT CHANGE power ratio delivery to the wheels.

Gravel Mode: Same as Tarmac but just for Rainy Rainy days or possible slippery roads due to water, snow, or Lastly Dirt.

Snow Mode: Never use it even in the snow I didn't use it but it doesn't help the fact I have NT05's on in the snow lol.... FAIL

ASC: One of the things I first turn off due to the fact it's too pansy for me to leave up based on how I drive my car.... Suspension Work + Grippy Tires = ASC says HELL NO TO TURNS.

Normal Clutch mode: Only used for cruise control while still in Manual. Until there's an override for Manual Sport + Cruise Control... then I'll be forced to use Normal. I also noticed... when I drive in Auto + Normal mode, my trans temp gets hotter...... In this mode, it isn't as quick shifting/aggressive as Sport mode.

Sport Clutch mode: See my previous answer^