View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeRA View Post
NFSLancer...When will you be testing out the new turbo? And is it going to be the RAD Lite or full?
I have the turbocharger ("lite"...I wish that I had had the option of the full, however, I have seen the pricing and there is a BIG difference). I am waiting on a CBRD Intercooler. Chad is going to fabricate it next week. As far as I know, it is only the second one that he has ever done, so fingers crossed. I can tell you that there is also a new ROM associated with this turbo-swap that comes with brand new transmission tables designed to cure some of the clutch let-go problems associated with higher torque levels. I have seen it, and it looks great! It is going to be at the earliest the weekend after next when the parts go on. More likely, however, it is going to be 3 weeks from now. It will then be another week until I can get my car on the dyno. We usually only do that on Friday mornings when the number of cars in the shop is low. The only thing that is not ready is the intercooler.

There is honestly no way of knowing what this thing is going to do. I spent some serious money on the supporting modifications, so hopefully the numbers will be high.