View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Oh Man Not you again. Ok here is the scenario guys. You buy his little set up and disable your daytime driving lights to do what make your car look cooler.

I don't think so but anyway you have a black car and grannie is driving her toyota echo and turns onto the road driving into the sun and wham your brand new Evo or Ralli art is in pieces all over the road. After insurance check out your car and sees you disabled a factory installed safety device guess who is in deep shit.

If they can't see you they will hit you. You make the choice!
I understand your opinion of Daytime Running Lights. However, I personally find DRL's to be counter-productive. You've voiced your opinion, so I'll simply state mine. I've encountered countless drivers with DRL's who forget to turn on their low beams in rain or fog and at dusk or dawn. While DRL's are a safety feature, this is especially dangerous to other drivers, because the taillights are not lit when the DRL's are activated. I can only assume that these drivers believe that in such conditions, the DRL's are a sufficient amount of light.

Yes, my DRL Bypass does disable Daytime Running Lights. Yes, I understand it is a factory installed safety feature. You've brought up a situation involving an accident due to the lack of DRL's. Although I do find it to be a special case, in my defense, my DRL Bypass is 100% Plug & Play; Meaning, it can removed with no signs of tampering with the DRL safety feature.

Nonetheless, thank you for sharing.