View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 10:12 PM

I am changing this to my Racing with Jackal thread as I do just about everything with my car from taking out the whole family to dinner and a movie to multiple track and off road rally events and will update this thread pre race prep and anychanges ive done then racing results and damage sustained etc. at each event.

I have re installed my stereo into the car managed to fasten, clip,screw ,tywrap the whole frontend,whats left of my under panels, lip wheel well liners etc back in place.

I removed the recirculation kit for my HKS blow off valve and put the plug in the return hose so now the car makes the teenager come running noise.

I intend to drag race my car this friday night with BOV venting 100% to atmosphere to see if my 1/4 mile times will be affected. Also will be filling car with 94 Octane gas instead of the 91 Shell Vpower gas it was tuned for to if there is any effect. I am hoping with the cooler temperatures in the evening this will help Turbo power production and help keep Trans heat issues at bay.

Just looking for feed back as to what I should expect. As a base line reference the car has run abest of 13.2 in the 1/4 on a hot sunny day and even taking out over 75 pounds between all the heavy MDF, speakers amps, spare tire, jack, tools etc and running in an evening last month I was only able to run a best of 13.3 that night, go figure. Both runs were on bald 245/18 stock Yokoma Evo X tires. I now have a set of new Hankook Evo tires on so maybe with less rolling resistance it might help.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanking everyone in advance.