View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 04:37 PM

Anyway I see the site's self appointed Troll is back and taking another shot at me when I am in a bad situation. Moving right along.....

According to the codes downloaded it appears that once again to be a shift fork issue, the weird part was it happened while driving on the highway while upshifting. It jumped from 3rd to 5th gear and I had been driving the car for almost a half hour at this point so everything was up to normal temperatures. I was driving in S-Sport and in manual mode as per Eric at Kozmic as it was still -14 Deg Celcius at the time.

Having the upgraded 500 ft lb clutches there are actually 10 discs instead of the stock 8 disks so they are thinner and can be damaged by driving them in colder temps with less line pressure. AKA Normal or sport mode can cause excessive slippage and heat build up.

I have the transmission now out and will be building a pallet and hope to ship it back to Houston later this week. It will be interesting to see what they find. Eric had actually talked me out of doing a full rebuild as he informed me that outside of the clutches, clutch basket and related parts there wasn't anything else that could really be upgraded. Since the transmission going in was barely a year old with only 8 k for mileage and everything was working on it prior to being pulled out of the donor car there was no need to rebuild the rest of it.