ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 03-28-2013, 05:33 PM

Default Type D Service

Hi,

I'm a new member looking for any suggestions for a reasonable service quote on a Type D service for my 2009 Mitsubishi Ralliart. I know alot of people recommend doing this yourself to save cost, but I don't have access to a lift or the proper equipment and also know very little about cars.

Would anyone be able to refer me to someone in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada or within a 50km radias of here for service for my ralliart?

Thanks
Old 03-28-2013, 06:27 PM

I would start off by looking for Mitsubishi dealerships. They will be the best equipped to handle any maintenance on your ride.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:38 PM

I would reccommend you save yourself some big dollars by doing the SST fluid and filter change your self as well as engine oil change. you can also check, top up or change most of your basic fluids yourself like coolant, brake, power steering fluid. check your hoses and brakes. rotate your tires etc..

Make sure you keep a log book as to what was done and mileage and date. Remember to keep a folder for all receipts to provide proof if required at a later point in time.

I would also be able to offer my services and garage if you need a hand.

What I do suggest is that you have the dealership check stuff like the AWD resevoir fluid and pump operation and maybe diff fluid change the drive belt. Check for anything left that might be covered by warranty.

I am going in for my Type D service within the next 2 weeks and my quote was $2000.00 but after doing the bulk of the stuff myself I doubt they will be collecting more than $500.00 from me LOL !

I am going to be doing a Trans fluid and filter change on another member's Ralliart later this weekend so drop me a line if you want a hands on look at what's involved.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:32 AM

Wink

I want to avoid the dealership as much as possible for anything related to service as there markup on parts and labour is absolutely ridiculous. I would rather find a few good guys and mechanics and pay them for their work and provide the materials as at least I know it's been done right and fairly, rather than being bent over and rammed up the *** by the dealership.

Anyone from Winnipeg that would be willing to help me out do this service, or parts of this service please P.M. me directly. Thanks
Old 04-01-2013, 03:03 PM

P.M already sent.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:24 PM

Default Stealership

It is amazing what the dealership wants to charge for the transmission oil change. I will definitely do it myself or when I go to the states, have it done there.