ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 12-01-2010, 06:09 AM

I will try and address the questions thus far. You definitely need the recirc kit and they played with it a bit at the tuners I think and it is also adjustable, you can get different springs and outlet adaptors for it to make different sounds. I am too old for silly sound effects and wanted no lag. Before the recirc kit and tune it stuttered a little with balls to the wall driving. Keep the ECU happy by returning the air back to the stock air intake.

Last edited by Jackal; 12-01-2010 at 06:11 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:18 AM

I absolutely love all the Ultimate Racing stuff. It took me over 18 months of doing research to find the best performance, quality, look and sound that I wanted. I have never had a problem with the police for being too loud, but once you open it up some people are convinced I have a V8 engine under my hood LOL !

If I had to do it again I would of ordered the mid pipe with both the resonator and mini muffler. I love the way it sounds but sometimes the drone gets on my wife and sons nerves on long trips especialy if you are in the back seat.

Posting a sound clip Hmm will have to see if I could figure it out LOL !

Last edited by Jackal; 01-21-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:26 AM

I am thinking of doing a couple suspension upgrades but I might go the opposite route most people go. I am thinking of a small lift kit as I drive mine all year round and found that the car sits too low and I am basically dragging it through the deep snow. I have gotten the car stuck once already as my back lane sits lower than the ground on both sides of it.

I am in the process of buying a set of Evo X GSR rims and will be getting them powder coated with either a custom prismatic powder or a cool chameleon powder with clear coat. Will need to buy tires for a third time LOL ! I am looking for a place to have the wheel wells rolls and back fenders flared etc.

I will post more when I get home tonight from work. Same Bat time same Bat channel>
Old 12-01-2010, 10:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
I will try and address the questions thus far. You definitely need the recirc kit and they played with it a bit at the tuners I think and it is also adjustable, you can get different springs and outlet adaptors for it to make different sounds. I am too old for silly sound effects and wanted no lag. Before the recirc kit and tune it stuttered a little with balls to the wall driving. Keep the ECU happy by returning the air back to the stock air intake.
Awesome, I will have to look into that. By the way... from what I hear in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HblCEQXQ8Q4

The attachments actually seem to make it quieter and maybe add a slight whistle. Might just be the recording though. Either way, it doesn't really sound drastically different anyways. I think I'd rather just save money and get it without any insert.
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!
Old 12-01-2010, 10:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

Actually, I just found a vid showing the difference between normal and with the recirc kit... with the recirc kit you don't hear anything at all O_o thats no fun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAMinN_JzGg&fmt=18

skip to about 1:15 to see what it sounds like with the kit on, is it really that quiet?
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!
Old 12-01-2010, 05:50 PM

Here is the link to the Tuning Video and pictures to follow! Wife is dragging me out Christmas Shopping.

http://s1198.photobucket.com/albums/...mmer201010.mp4
Old 12-01-2010, 09:17 PM

Here are some pics while at the Tuner. To think I had to go to a different country to get my tune done is pretty funny. If I had wanted to get it done in Canada I would of had to drive all the way to Red Deer Alberta about 14 hours so taking a 5 hour drive down to the states was shorter and cheaper LOL !

Last edited by Jackal; 08-22-2014 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:18 PM

Last edited by Jackal; 08-22-2014 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:23 PM

Here is a quick 9 second video just so you can hear the engine during tuning and your hearing this through a wall LOL !

Last edited by Jackal; 08-22-2014 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:46 PM

Now for the stereo Upgrades
ENERGY ENC650CV

Note: Tweeter and Midrange come apart and can be installed as a component set up using the appropriate cross- over.

• Patented Ribbed Elliptical Surround increases cone excursion for a lower sub-frequency response
• Woven Glass Fibre Cones are crafted from strong, lightweight material that reacts quickly to meet the demands of today's music
• Anti-Resonant Steel Basket minimizes audio distortion at high volumes
• Adjustable Silk Dome Tweeters delivers sparkling high-frequency detail
• Tapered Cross-Over Design with 12 db/octave with Lexan cover for accurate sound reproduction
• Kevlar-Reinforced, Turbine-Tip Dust Cap and Woven Glass Fibre Cone are used to make the cone both rigid and as light as possible to react quickly in order to achieve the high outputs
• Converts between a component (2 piece) or coax (1 piece) style with external crossover

$139.99
Plus Tax and Installation

Last edited by Jackal; 08-23-2014 at 05:43 PM.