ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 05-24-2011, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Default FAQ General

How to reset Maintenance Warning?
Reset Maintenance Warning

Oil Filter P/N Database

Last edited by MTZL; 02-11-2012 at 04:01 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Regular Maintenance items

TC-SST Tranmission Filter
4B11T Oil Pump
Water Pump
SST Diaqueen
Thermostat

http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/catalog/?section=722
Old 11-17-2011, 06:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

Are we supposed to get those pumps changed at certain mileage intervals? or is it only a part that's expected to go bad with time so we should change it when it does?
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!
Old 03-06-2012, 12:05 PM

Any idea how much Brake Fluid is needed in a flush?

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV
Old 03-26-2014, 07:33 AM

Default New Owner Suggestions

i wondered if it may be possible to suggest adding to the sticky faq a couple of things that i (as a year old owner of my 2010 Ralliart) never knew about and hadn't occurred to me to check. i'd had issues with random losses of power and response and it came down to two items that if i'd known to check those first (say, after purchase) my experience with my car would have been better. long story short:
  • Tie down the FPR hose
  • Replace the Fuel Pressure Relay with a newer revision relay

They were the simplest fixes that left me going "if i'd only known" and weren't on any sticky posts. maybe there are other oddities with the Ralliarts that new owners could benefit from knowing to check first as a new owner?
Old 03-27-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netracerx View Post
i wondered if it may be possible to suggest adding to the sticky faq a couple of things that i (as a year old owner of my 2010 Ralliart) never knew about and hadn't occurred to me to check. i'd had issues with random losses of power and response and it came down to two items that if i'd known to check those first (say, after purchase) my experience with my car would have been better. long story short:
  • Tie down the FPR hose
  • Replace the Fuel Pressure Relay with a newer revision relay

They were the simplest fixes that left me going "if i'd only known" and weren't on any sticky posts. maybe there are other oddities with the Ralliarts that new owners could benefit from knowing to check first as a new owner?
FYI These 2 items have been covered in multiple threads on several forums including this one.
Now that I got that out of the way I am glad you brought this up as I keep forgetting we are always getting new people and this may be new info for them.

In either case both of these items could cause your engine to lean out at WOT and potentially blow up your engine.

The hose in question is the little vacuum line that hides just underneath the front of the plastic engine cover on the left side. Simply make sure it is pushed on all the way then use a small black ty-wrap to secure. Don't use white ones as they are general use indoor rated and they will dry out crack and fall off over time. Black ones are meant for outdoor use and are UV treated. Even then I would recommend changing them out every year along with checking all your vacuum lines and or upgrading to silicone lines.

There are actually 5 relays that need to be changed out. Here are some pictures so you can see which ones you may need to change. There have been at least 4 revisions so far. The original black ones then green, blue then another set of black ones now the new Omron Relays from Italy which are also black. LOL!

There is a TSB or Technicians Service Bulletin and this is actually an upgrade package suggested for cold weather climates. There is no recall or anything like that, so don't expect to have them pay or supply these relays for you. This is something in my opinion that everyone should do, just remember to pick up a small tube of dielectric grease to help prevent corrosion.

And 1 of these.

Last edited by Jackal; 03-06-2015 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:16 PM

After some searching (and offline chatting with a co-worker who drives a Lancer Evo) I found those out, but it took digging. I don't have an issue with that (I do my research as much as I can before complaining ), but it was a concern, like you said, what new owners don't know that could be bad for their car. If a list is started, I would be glad to add suggestions of things I've found.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:03 PM

The relay pictures in this thread are no longer working. Does anyone have any updated pictures or the part numbers of all of the relays that must be replaced?
Old 03-06-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8less1der View Post
The relay pictures in this thread are no longer working. Does anyone have any updated pictures or the part numbers of all of the relays that must be replaced?
I fixed the broken links now.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:08 AM

In regard to replacing the fuel pump relay, I noticed that multiple relays in the fuse box are the same part number as the fuel pump relay that should be replaced. There were at least four of them in my fuse box. I would test them all, but I would rather replace them all for peace of mind.

Is it safe and recommended to replace all of them with the Mitsubishi MR122409 (the black OMRON one)?