ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart General

Old 05-12-2014, 07:53 PM

Smile Extended warranty for the transmission/cooler/ADC pump/etc?

I'm looking at a new '14 Ralliart, like it and the deal from the dealer is good. But I'm a bit worried about the tranny/tranny cooler/ADC pump stuff, especially tranny cooler that's not covered by the power train warranty. (like this http://clubralliart.com/showthread.p...mission+cooler)

So I asked my dealer is there an option for extended warranty on those parts? (I'm planning to keep the car stock, so longer the warranty the better). Dealers replied back with this:

7ry/100,000 bumper-to-bumper warranty for $1300 . I'm gonna go over the details with the dealer tomorrow, but want to hear from you guys' opinion:

Is there such a thing "extended bumper-to-bumper" warranty?
I should be able to take it to any Mitsu dealer right?
Are there loopholes they can take that can void my warranty even if I keep the car stock?

thanks!
Old 05-12-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by menphix View Post
I'm looking at a new '14 Ralliart, like it and the deal from the dealer is good. But I'm a bit worried about the tranny/tranny cooler/ADC pump stuff, especially tranny cooler that's not covered by the power train warranty. (like this http://clubralliart.com/showthread.p...mission+cooler)

So I asked my dealer is there an option for extended warranty on those parts? (I'm planning to keep the car stock, so longer the warranty the better). Dealers replied back with this:

7ry/100,000 bumper-to-bumper warranty for $1300 . I'm gonna go over the details with the dealer tomorrow, but want to hear from you guys' opinion:

Are there loopholes they can take that can void my warranty even if I keep the car stock?

thanks!
While it could be nice to have an extended warranty I myself wouldn't want it, most people buy these cars to modify them just like I did. U mentioned you plan to keep the car stock so you should be fine with warranty issues as long as you keep up with the recommended maintenance schedule.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by menphix View Post

Here is what I have observed in my area:

1. An equivalent of "extended bumper-to-bumper" warranty is the Mitsu Diamond Care extended factory warranty.

2. Mitsu Diamond Care warranty should be honoured at any Mitsu dealer.

3. Yes, unfortunately even if the car remains stock, there are loopholes that can invalidate warranty. The most commonly used one I know if is lack of maintenance records.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:32 PM

I called Mitsu US today to check out "Mitsu Diamond Care extended factory warranty". They said they only provide information on the factory "new car" warranty, and other types warranty after the factory one expired will be in dealer's hands.

My dealer told me the warranty will be 7yr/100,000mile and is honorable at any Mitsu dealer, which I think is a good deal, if I can negotiate a few hundred dollars off
Old 05-14-2014, 10:58 AM
Regional Moderator

ACD is often not even covered under the engine warranty, there's complaints on the EVO forums where it's been called a "luxury item" several times, as the car still moves when it's broken. Warranties are tough, theyre only worth much if the dealer cares and wants to keep you as a future customer. I'm certain, they get a small cash reward for spotting mods and canceling your warranty, etc. I forget what the guys job is called, but like an insurance adjuster these kinds of claims are almost always reviewed by a mitsu corporate employee, who comes out or reads the claim.

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markspd6 View Post
Warranties are tough, theyre only worth much if the dealer cares and wants to keep you as a future customer.
Well said!

I can attribute my successful warranty claims in large part to the dealer I now use exclusively. In contrast, my prior experiences with several other dealers in my area trying to get the same issues resolved were extremely frustrating.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:26 AM

1300 for the warranty is nothing compared to what it will save you. I paid more than that for an outside warranty... Paid for itself 4x over when I had to replace the ACD pump, transmission, and timing chain!

2010 rg sportback