ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 05-22-2012, 10:39 AM

Default GT Spec 4 point ladder brace & sway bars

Hey has anyone installed the 4 point ladder brace or whiteline sway bars if so are there any major handling gains?
Injen SRI, UR UICP & LICP, UR 4.5 IC, COBB AP custome stg 2 tune, 3in TBE, Whiteline front strut bar, RRM rear strut bar, tint, roof spoiler, 2.5 turbo compressor outlet pipe, AMS BOV, AMS Boost Pill, TWE Catch Can, Megan Racing Coil Overs

Future Engine and Tranny Mods:
Water Meth Kit
SSP Oil Cooler
Fan for Stock Trans Cooler w/ washable filter

Future Suspension Mods:
Sway Bars
Rear Diff Bushing Kit
Cusco 4 or 5 pt Brace
Front Cross Member
Old 05-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

I have Whiteline Front & Rear Sway bars, not on the RA yet. Been busy, will post pics later.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:09 AM

Ok cool, Im thinking about getting the ladder bar first, then the 27mm sway bars for front and rear and lastly the light weith ams engine cross member which should make a big difference in stiffining up that chassie
Injen SRI, UR UICP & LICP, UR 4.5 IC, COBB AP custome stg 2 tune, 3in TBE, Whiteline front strut bar, RRM rear strut bar, tint, roof spoiler, 2.5 turbo compressor outlet pipe, AMS BOV, AMS Boost Pill, TWE Catch Can, Megan Racing Coil Overs

Water Meth Kit
SSP Oil Cooler

Future Suspension Mods:
Sway Bars
Rear Diff Bushing Kit
Cusco 4 or 5 pt Brace
Front Cross Member
Old 05-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Regional Moderator

Have it, just haven't popped it in.. So lazy.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:33 PM

I have just the rear and it makes a big difference in handling. It should be noted that the rear is only available in 24mm which can be set to 25mm. I have heard that the front can make you dart into corners better...but considering that the stock 2mm difference with the front bias had a habit of making the car push to the corners when taken hard, I am not really sold on the getting the 26mm fronts. I now have swift sprins on my car and will try that out. If I find I still have excessive nose dive (damn heavy car) in the front on the track or backroads, I will have to get the the bigger fronts...just not sure if I wanna get the 24 or 26 however. I would not bother with the brace in all honesty. Nothing ruins an AWD car's handling like a very stiff front.

Standard order of buisness...rear sway, spring (or coilovers...most will set the front stiffer), front sway, strut beams...and IF your not understeering enough yet get the brace.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNapalm View Post
I have just the rear and it makes a big difference in handling. It should be noted that the rear is only available in 24mm which can be set to 25mm. I have heard that the front can make you dart into corners better...but considering that the stock 2mm difference with the front bias had a habit of making the car push to the corners when taken hard, I am not really sold on the getting the 26mm fronts. I now have swift sprins on my car and will try that out. If I find I still have excessive nose dive (damn heavy car) in the front on the track or backroads, I will have to get the the bigger fronts...just not sure if I wanna get the 24 or 26 however. I would not bother with the brace in all honesty. Nothing ruins an AWD car's handling like a very stiff front.

Standard order of buisness...rear sway, spring (or coilovers...most will set the front stiffer), front sway, strut beams...and IF your not understeering enough yet get the brace.
Im not sure how having a very stiff front will ruin an awd cars handling but already have upgraded strut bars in the rear in front and saw a slight increase in handling. And im going to take your word on the sway bars an get them for the front and read and if it handles super great and is extremly stiff i wont bother with the ladder bar.

Water Meth Kit
SSP Oil Cooler

Future Suspension Mods:
Sway Bars
Rear Diff Bushing Kit
Cusco 4 or 5 pt Brace
Front Cross Member
Old 06-01-2012, 07:20 PM

So basically, stiffer fronts = more understeer. Stiffer back = more oversteer. Our cars like to understeer. Making the front stiffer without doing so on the back = more understeering = bad...generally speaking.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:05 PM

tru i understand what you mean so having a slightly stiff front and a stiff rear will increase my oversteer and do a better job in the handling department.

Water Meth Kit
SSP Oil Cooler

Future Suspension Mods:
Sway Bars
Rear Diff Bushing Kit
Cusco 4 or 5 pt Brace
Front Cross Member
Old 06-01-2012, 11:58 PM

Yep...and I find that using swift springs to stiffen the front a bit is all I really need...at least at my current 250/260 awhp/awtq. That combined with the whiteline set at 25mm in the rear in anycase. That may all change as I get more power.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to Rralliart09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNapalm View Post
So basically, stiffer fronts = more understeer. Stiffer back = more oversteer. Our cars like to understeer. Making the front stiffer without doing so on the back = more understeering = bad...generally speaking.
How big is the stock rear swaybar? I want to go just big enough on the rear to counter the natural understeer in this car. What I mean is if it's say, 22mm will a 24mm rear bar be enough or would I need a 25mm? Thanks
S-Sport and Launch Control
ETS 3" FMIC and UICP
Custom 2.5" TBE exhaust W/HFC dual Magnaflows 4" tips
R1 Concepts premium slotted rotors w/Stoptech pads
Prosport 60mm Premium boost gauge
Prosport 52mm Digital AFR gauge
Perrin column mount dual gauge pod
Blox Racing 490 shift knob in gunmetal W/Reverse Lockout Adapter
Sparco Assetto Gara 18x8 with Nitto NT555 235/40-18

"I ruin dreams all the time" -Markspd6