ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 02-18-2016, 04:11 AM

Default Hi from Australia

Hi from Melbourne, Australia. New to our family is a 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart, my 18 year old daughter's new car.

It was a surprise Christmas present, so this is what she woke to on Christmas morning:

The car has leather and satnav, and is stock (for now) except for Evo projector headlights. My daughter has plans to lower it and put wheels on it, and maybe an exhaust.

Here in Australia you can't get your licence until 18, and they are quite strict on the power to weight ratio for new drivers. The Ralliart is the second most powerful car a P-plater (probationary driver) can drive. They have to be under 130Kw/tonne.

A couple more pics:

With my Holden Commodore (in the background) and my GC8 Subaru WRX (which never sold in the US).

I look forward to learning some stuff from you guys.

Thanks,
Brett

Last edited by isszy; 02-18-2016 at 04:15 AM.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:29 AM

Welcome!

Very nice stable of cars.

The gc8 wrx might not have been sold here but a lot of people swap wrx/sti motors in the ones sold here!

Check out RRE blog on the RA. They are a VERY WELL KNOWN Mitsu shop here in Southern California. Great tips for minimal $$$

http://roadraceengineering.com/blog/tag/ralliart/

zeRep
#4g63
Old 02-19-2016, 12:06 PM

Hello and welcome to the club!

I heard in Australia they dont let you drive turbo cars til you are 21.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 02-19-2016, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeRep85 View Post
Welcome!

Very nice stable of cars.

The gc8 wrx might not have been sold here but a lot of people swap wrx/sti motors in the ones sold here!

Check out RRE blog on the RA. They are a VERY WELL KNOWN Mitsu shop here in Southern California. Great tips for minimal $$$

http://roadraceengineering.com/blog/tag/ralliart/

zeRep
#4g63
Will do - thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by iralli_iskustvo View Post
Hello and welcome to the club!

I heard in Australia they dont let you drive turbo cars til you are 21.
It used to be like that, no V8's either, but that meant that you couldn't drive a turbo-diesel or even a low-blow turbo like my wife's Audi A3 1.4TFSI.

So they changed the rules to be that as long as the car was built after 1/1/2010, and had less than 130kw/tonne (about 160bhp/ton I think) it was approved.

So the Honda S2000 is approved, but the Nissan 370Z is not.

The rule is a bit arbitrary, we were looking at a MY10 Ralliart that was built in October 09 and could not get an exemption. If it was an identical car built three months later it would have been approved.

And the rule is that you have to have served your probationary licence period of three years, so if you didn't get your licence until you were 20, you are banned until you are 23.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:49 PM

Welcome aboard mate!
Your daughter is a lucky girl to have a Dad like you!
Old 02-19-2016, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isszy View Post
Will do - thanks !

It used to be like that, no V8's either, but that meant that you couldn't drive a turbo-diesel or even a low-blow turbo like my wife's Audi A3 1.4TFSI.

So they changed the rules to be that as long as the car was built after 1/1/2010, and had less than 130kw/tonne (about 160bhp/ton I think) it was approved.

So the Honda S2000 is approved, but the Nissan 370Z is not.

The rule is a bit arbitrary, we were looking at a MY10 Ralliart that was built in October 09 and could not get an exemption. If it was an identical car built three months later it would have been approved.

And the rule is that you have to have served your probationary licence period of three years, so if you didn't get your licence until you were 20, you are banned until you are 23.
I see. Horrible rule.

Rules meant to be broken though.

This kid did it with a great build > http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=159649

That Subie looks very nice by the way.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ

Last edited by iralli_iskustvo; 02-19-2016 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-19-2016, 08:01 PM

Some pics of my other cars

2014 Holden Commodore SV6
6 speed manual 285hp 3.8V6 RWD

2014 Audi A3 convertible

1999 Subaru Impreza WRX

Old 11-09-2016, 08:37 PM

Daughter got new plates for her car :