ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 02-14-2011, 11:15 AM

Good stuff. Is this the RAD Lite or Full?
[X] DC Sports dual Cat back
[X] RAD lite (uninstalled)
[ ] Custome Tune
Old 02-15-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeRA View Post
Good stuff. Is this the RAD Lite or Full?
It is an RAD Lite. I didn't have the option of the Full, as far as I know. I sent this thing in in December. The hold-up was the fuel-pump. The first one got lost in transit (or was stolen, which is what I have surmised happened). I should have just ordered an Aeromotive Tsunami 300 (or whatever it is called). However, the Walboro should be just fine, for now.

*Note: I have heard that you could get away with not upgrading your stock fuel pump with this upgrade. That is not advisable. You will more than likely need a fuel pump (MAP and UR both make kits), a nice BPV (I went all out and bought a TiAL. It is up to you, but I wouldn't recommend running a crushed Evo X stock unit.), a method of boost control (The boost pill isn't going to cut it. You need a manual or Electronic BCS.), and a larger intercooler. Again, the Evo X stock IC is a little small for these upgrades. You could get away with it, but you will make more power with cooler intake temperatures.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:47 PM

Ahh looks like i have a few more things to buy then. But i would much rather spend the money and do it right. If you had to guess what kind of power do you expect to make..evo X power...over stock X power?

Best price/place to buy the Tial??
[ ] Custome Tune
Old 02-20-2011, 08:38 AM

Since you must buy the weld-on flange sold by Ultimate Racing when you buy the BPV, your best bet is just to buy everything through them. MAPerformance sells the cheapest fuel pump/install kit that I have seen. Other than that, you have your choice of BCS.

The new turbocharger is on! It took 14 hours to install everything with a team of people, but it is on the car. Props to the guys at Spec-OPs who stayed until 10 PM last night to make sure that the build was done. The CBRD intercooler is MASSIVE!

Old 02-20-2011, 03:48 PM

Any dyno runs yet?
Old 02-20-2011, 04:04 PM

Virtual Dyno put the power right at 305 whp and 298 ft/lbs of torque.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:08 PM

Looked through UR's webstore and didn't see and BPV available. Does anyone else make the flange needed?
[ ] Custome Tune
Old 02-20-2011, 04:10 PM

Found it never mind
[ ] Custome Tune
Old 02-20-2011, 04:57 PM

Just a heads up: You will need fuel injectors, as well. Mine are maxed out at 19 psi.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:28 PM

Ok I just reread the whole thread and I am a little confused. The new turbo swap you did was from our stock single scroll to a modified lite version upgrade of our stock single scroll?

Or did you have the lite CBRD single scroll turbo and you upgraded to the CRBD fully modded version of our single scroll turbo?

What was done for exhaust manifold / wastegate if anything?

Since our injectors are aprox 650 cc and the Evo X is pushing a bigger twin scroll turbo with the same injectors why is so much more fuel needed.
So you are saying with only light modding done to our tiny single scroll turbo we are going to max out the fuel system both and injector upgrades needed?
The next thing is if we were to go to the complete full modded CBRD version of our single scroll turbo what size injectors should we be looking at 850, 1000, or bigger?

You also mention that the stock Evo X IC is not going to cut it. I don't really want to be rude but I spent close to $700 plus dollars upgrading my car from stock to an Evo X Intercooler and the complete UR piping all 3 kits for top and bottom. I don't know if I can justify another 700 plus dollars on now an even bigger IC.
Temperature and power wise can you post some graphs or something because I would like to see the supporting documentation behind what your telling us.

I am not here to judge I just want to learn my car better and understand what is necessary to do the upgrades the right way the first time. I am willing to pay out the money if the perfomance increase is justified.

Sorry for the long posts, I am very excited about the development of this turbo and can't wait to see all the data posted.

Last edited by Jackal; 02-20-2011 at 09:32 PM.