ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 09-20-2012, 12:24 PM

Default So this happened

Two weeks ago, Friday the 7th to be exact, I get a call from an old car club member to meet him at a car meet that night in Middletown NY.

Tangent: From about 2008 to 2010 I ran a decently sized car club which ended up dying out in late 2010. I stayed pretty close with my friend who I made it with and a couple of other people, but nothing really car club wise.

Back on track: So when I heard from my friend I was excited and called the other friend who I used to run the club with to go. I figured it would be like old times. We all meet up and laugh and catch up. Have a really great night and break up and go home.

I wake up the next morning and found out on the way home he had crashed on his bike and passed on the scene. He was a really great all around person and will be missed dearly and at only 22 years old it really is a tragedy.

So, after discussion with my friend and my friend who had passed finace we have decided to revamp the car club in his honor. Last night was the first night, but we had a really small turn out because I really don't know too many people in the car world anymore. We will be having weekly, organized, meets and cruises so if any of you are interested in joining up on any of the meets or cruises "Like" the club on facebook for all of the info. Its going to be a really good time. Oh, and before I forget, we are in the tri-state area!

Link to club:
https://www.facebook.com/L3CarClub

FYI:
We are not a bunch of kids who meet up and race down the highway. I really don't allow any bullsh!t in my car club. Its usually meets that have a short, spirited, but nothing too crazy cruise leading up to dinner and a photoshoot. Its a good way to make new friends and get a family like experience.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:49 PM

how far are you from the albany/troy area
Old 09-20-2012, 05:01 PM

Sorry for your loss, the feeling you get when someone you know passes away is very very indescribable. It's like thinking, wow I'll never see him again. Condolences to everyone especially the family, only the good guys die young.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Sorry to hear that. We lost a valuable member of the 3G community (third gen Eclipse) a few years ago in a car accident, he was the first to successfully transplant a 6g75 (3.8L V6) from a 4G Eclipse into his 3G, and that was awesome. It's hard to cope with that especially when you know the person, wasn't a fun ride down to southern MD for the funeral.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfiluta View Post
how far are you from the albany/troy area
If you map it, it says 2 hours, but when I used to drive it every weekend to visit an old friend it would take 1.5 tops. Straight down the thruway haha

As for everyone else, thank you so much for your kind words. It really is weird knowing you will never see him again. I am doing the little bit I can by revamping this car club to let his memory live strong through us all!
Old 09-21-2012, 07:49 AM

sorry for your loss, i think.revampin the car club is a great idea to remember him. now is the time to embrace his life and all the good times you had with him
Old 09-21-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
sorry for your loss, i think.revampin the car club is a great idea to remember him. now is the time to embrace his life and all the good times you had with him
Much agreed! well said
Old 09-24-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Thank you, very well said! I hope to see some of you guys out with us this week, "like" the facebook!