ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 01-25-2013, 10:56 PM

Default Anyone ever seen this ?

Sorry for shitty quality. On my way home from work i noticed that my miles left in my tank display which i use when i drive didnt change or anything, like it normally does. Well i proceeded to hold the info button to reset it thinking it might have been a bug or glitch. Well when i saw my MPG's it displayed 35.8 And by the time i got off the freeway and took those pics i was at 33.7. Well my concern is if something is wrong with my car. I was doing about 60 to 70 on the highway. Also wondering if anyone else has seen this. Since on my RA i usually get between 23 to 25 MPG's on the Display.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvS-RA View Post

Sorry for shitty quality. On my way home from work i noticed that my miles left in my tank display which i use when i drive didnt change or anything, like it normally does. Well i proceeded to hold the info button to reset it thinking it might have been a bug or glitch. Well when i saw my MPG's it displayed 35.8 And by the time i got off the freeway and took those pics i was at 33.7. Well my concern is if something is wrong with my car. I was doing about 60 to 70 on the highway. Also wondering if anyone else has seen this. Since on my RA i usually get between 23 to 25 MPG's on the Display.
I have never seen that before...especially the ECO light...what year is ur RA?

Phase 1
[X] Cosworth Drop-In
[X] UR Full Catback Exhaust
[X] UR Upper ICP
[X] UR Lower ICP
[X] Evo X FMIC
[X] Evo X BOV

Phase 2 - Breaks
Old 01-26-2013, 12:56 AM

You have to be gental with it and in normal/auto. My 2012 has it.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:00 AM

i usually drive it like a grandma, since i get stuck in traffic often. i have a 2012 RA and ive never seen or heard of this much MPG displayed on the gauge. Searched around and found nothing. I just found it weird. Im going to try and replicate it if possible.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:58 AM

What is the Eco ?
Old 01-26-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvS-RA View Post
i usually drive it like a grandma, since i get stuck in traffic often. i have a 2012 RA and ive never seen or heard of this much MPG displayed on the gauge. Searched around and found nothing. I just found it weird. Im going to try and replicate it if possible.
Sorry, my last post was referring to the Eco light. The best I've managed is 7.9L/100km (29.77 MPG) and that was by resetting while on a flat highway doing 100-105 km/h (62-65 MPH)
Old 01-26-2013, 11:00 AM

seems pretty neat the most I have gotten is about 32mpg and thats when Im just baby sitting the cars on the highweigh in the slow lane
Injen SRI, UR UICP & LICP, UR 4.5 IC, COBB AP custome stg 2 tune, 3in TBE, Whiteline front strut bar, RRM rear strut bar, tint, roof spoiler, 2.5 turbo compressor outlet pipe, AMS BOV, AMS Boost Pill, TWE Catch Can, Megan Racing Coil Overs

Future Engine and Tranny Mods:
Water Meth Kit
SSP Oil Cooler
Fan for Stock Trans Cooler w/ washable filter

Future Suspension Mods:
Sway Bars
Rear Diff Bushing Kit
Cusco 4 or 5 pt Brace
Front Cross Member
Old 01-26-2013, 12:17 PM

I'm puzzled and fascinated at the same time, lol. Keep us posted
UR Intercooler + Pipes, UR Turbo Back Exhaust, AEM Intake, AMS Boost Pill, GST Base map, HKS BOV, H.I.D.s, Smoked L.E.D. Tails + reflectors, Hella Supertones, Optima Yellow Top, Rexpeed Hood scoop, Rokblokz Mud flaps, Window visors, Stuby antenna, Plasti dipped chrome, Pioneer 7'' Display w/ 3 way speakers, 18x8 Tenzo R TZ7, Falken Ziex ZE 912 225/45/18

Future Mods:
BC Coilovers
Brakes
Old 01-26-2013, 12:46 PM

http://www.autos.ca/mitsubishi/buyer...ubishi-lancer/
That's a new feature in 2012 model

"- Ralliart sedan adds new 18-inch alloy wheel design and Eco mode indicator"

it's only an indicator when you're achieving high MPG
Old 01-26-2013, 01:04 PM

If you're driving, take your foot off the gas and reset the MPG's, it will calculate how much you'd be getting at that point. For instance, if you're going 60 mph and reset it, it will calculate a high MPG.

As for the Eco showing, it's economy driving. If you drive like a grandma, and never hit boost, it will help your MPG's.

UR FMIC • UR LICP • UR UICP • UR CBE w/ Resonator & Mini Muffler • Evo X BOV • K&N SRI
Flossy Shift Knob • Blue LED Interior Lights • Blue LED City Lights • Blue LED License Plate Lights
Custom Retrofitted Projectors • Depo Smoked LED Tails • Black w/ Blue Metalizer Plastidip Rims
Debadged Mitsubishi, Lancer, & Ralliart from Trunk • RA Mudflaps • Blue High Beam Bulbs
Plastidip Chrome Ring, Mitsu Emblems, Hood Scoop, Side Markers, Window Trim, 3rd Brake Light & Rear Reflectors