ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 06-27-2012, 09:18 AM

Default Reducing body roll

Alright, so I am getting fortune auto 510 coilovers with swift spring upgrades. Now I am looking into reducing as much of the body roll as possible. Any recomendations on swaybar sizes both front and back? I am thinking of going with 24mm front and back for a neutral feel.

Any input is appreciated.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:42 PM

If you dont mind.... what spring rates are you running?
Old 07-02-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nv82 View Post
Alright, so I am getting fortune auto 510 coilovers with swift spring upgrades. Now I am looking into reducing as much of the body roll as possible. Any recomendations on swaybar sizes both front and back? I am thinking of going with 24mm front and back for a neutral feel.

Any input is appreciated.
the coil overs will give it a nice stance and help with your suspensions preload, and for reducing the body roll going with the 22 or 24mm sway bar up front (you dont want the front of your RA to be too stiff) an 24mm or stiffer in the rear would be your best bet since its awd. and also a decent set of strut bars are benificial. I have a whiteline front strut bar which is stiffer and ligher than the stock one and a road race strut bar in the rear they work well but will work even better when i get my sway bars.

http://www.lancershop.com/customer/home.php?cat=188
Injen SRI, UR UICP & LICP, UR 4.5 IC, COBB AP custome stg 2 tune, 3in TBE, Whiteline front strut bar, RRM rear strut bar, tint, roof spoiler, 2.5 turbo compressor outlet pipe, AMS BOV, AMS Boost Pill, TWE Catch Can, Megan Racing Coil Overs

Future Engine and Tranny Mods:
Water Meth Kit
SSP Oil Cooler
Fan for Stock Trans Cooler w/ washable filter

Future Suspension Mods:
Sway Bars
Rear Diff Bushing Kit
Cusco 4 or 5 pt Brace
Front Cross Member
Old 02-10-2013, 02:33 PM

I have 2010 RA the only suspension mods are GSR wheels and Swift Springs. I am looking to improve the handling. Question, should I go with 24 or 22 rear sweaybar. I do not want to swap the front one. Do I have to swap the end-links right away. Which ones do you recommend? Any other recommendations?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkupa View Post
I have 2010 RA the only suspension mods are GSR wheels and Swift Springs. I am looking to improve the handling. Question, should I go with 24 or 22 rear sweaybar. I do not want to swap the front one. Do I have to swap the end-links right away. Which ones do you recommend? Any other recommendations?
24 of stiffer is good for the rear, and no you should not have to swap the endlinks right away unless they are worn. I recommend Whiteline.
Injen SRI, UR UICP & LICP, UR 4.5 IC, COBB AP custome stg 2 tune, 3in TBE, Whiteline front strut bar, RRM rear strut bar, tint, roof spoiler, 2.5 turbo compressor outlet pipe, AMS BOV, AMS Boost Pill, TWE Catch Can, Megan Racing Coil Overs

Future Engine and Tranny Mods:
Water Meth Kit
SSP Oil Cooler
Fan for Stock Trans Cooler w/ washable filter

Future Suspension Mods:
Sway Bars
Rear Diff Bushing Kit
Cusco 4 or 5 pt Brace
Front Cross Member
Old 02-11-2013, 11:21 AM

I'd wait until you get your coilovers to decide if you want to upgrade swaybars. I just installed my Fortune Auto 500s and, with 8k/8k Swift springs, the car is really flat through the corners compared to stock struts with swift progressive springs.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:48 PM

if you dont autocross you wont need 510 and sway bar setup. sstevoj has 510s and 26mm front sway bar and 24mm rear and the car hugs like a fat kid on a cupcake. just a sick setup.

Just waiting on racingline for the ralliart front end links then we will have something to work with.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:15 PM

I would really want to stay with my springs. I will get sway bar and end links soon.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:02 PM

The Raceline end links have more freeplay than stock. That is not how end links should mount. The way they stick a bolt through and have it mount with those rubber bushings is all wrong. Steve was just in the shop with his car up on the lift and I could make them slop around by hand.

Mike W
Old 02-11-2013, 05:30 PM

mike what do you recommend for end links then? have a link to some suppliers?