ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 04-27-2013, 03:11 PM

Hell!! Im 42!! I drag raced alot in the 80's!! 8-) hehe!! Yep waaay different!! We have two tracks within 40 miles of us, 1 is an 1/8 mile only track the other is qurter mile.

I think i found my culprit for the crappy mph n total time.... i just made sum wot passes and logged with my torque app on my phone.. Im getting a significant knock sum at 5,600 rpm, cant hear it but it showed up in the log, timing is probably being pulled to correct it.....

Plan was to blend in two gallons of vp race gas w eight gallons of pump, but i thought i was not going to race, then last minute Wife told me to go anyway... ( her Birthday weekend and she has to work 7p to 7 am...) so it was a last minute thang and ended up running the car anyway but only with our crappy pump gas.....

I feel better now.... was about to take out a loan for an fp black.... hehe!! Kidddin...

I've owned 3 camaro's ( 78,80,81. small block and big block motors ) ,a chevelle, 69 nova, 300zx and now my first turbo car!! love my RA!!!

Beeble tuned, Magnaflow and turboxs, turbo back exhaust, k&n SRI, Forge BOV,Tinted lights, Depo intercooler and pipes, RRM spring and KYB struts, Whiteline diff mounts.

Last edited by cjsabaki; 04-27-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:08 PM

hehehe..

I would invest in a manual boost controller and find a local tuner. Buy one with future proofing in mind. That setup would work with any turbo upgrade, if you choose to do so.

I had a '93 Summertime Fox body that put out 500ish to the wheels. Only car I would own Canary Yellow, but the convertible made a poor choice for that much power. Having to yank the top over an inch to make the guide holes got to be a pain.

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV
Old 04-28-2013, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsabaki View Post
Hell!! Im 42!! I drag raced alot in the 80's!! 8-) hehe!! Yep waaay different!! We have two tracks within 40 miles of us, 1 is an 1/8 mile only track the other is qurter mile.

I think i found my culprit for the crappy mph n total time.... i just made sum wot passes and logged with my torque app on my phone.. Im getting a significant knock sum at 5,600 rpm, cant hear it but it showed up in the log, timing is probably being pulled to correct it.....

Plan was to blend in two gallons of vp race gas w eight gallons of pump, but i thought i was not going to race, then last minute Wife told me to go anyway... ( her Birthday weekend and she has to work 7p to 7 am...) so it was a last minute thang and ended up running the car anyway but only with our crappy pump gas.....

I feel better now.... was about to take out a loan for an fp black.... hehe!! Kidddin...

I've owned 3 camaro's ( 78,80,81. small block and big block motors ) ,a chevelle, 69 nova, 300zx and now my first turbo car!! love my RA!!!
I hear you man, Let's just say I was born in the 60's and leave it at that. LOL!I too raced way too much in the 80's and had a hand full of chevelle's and a couple z28's (78, 82) that had built motors etc. This is also my first turbo car and one I have had the most fun with so far.
The irony is at 17 yrs old I had put a Turbo decal on my 1977 Chevelle Malibu Classic LMAO !!
Old 04-28-2013, 03:06 PM

Turbo decal on a 77 malibu classic??? Thats just wrong!!! Lol!! Kinda like putting 454 badges on the ralliart!!! Would make people wonder though!!! Hehe!!

Beeble tuned, Magnaflow and turboxs, turbo back exhaust, k&n SRI, Forge BOV,Tinted lights, Depo intercooler and pipes, RRM spring and KYB struts, Whiteline diff mounts.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:53 PM

I had Cobra emblems on a brand new 93 ranger. It was metallic camen green (correct Cobra color) and was a total sleeper. Young, dumb and full of.. time ;>

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV