ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 01-27-2013, 03:13 PM

Default Trouble starting car - what is this warning light?

Had some trouble starting the car this morning, tried to turn over but couldn't. Saw a warning light of a down arrow pointing to a rectangle under it. Can't find in the manual. Any idea?
Old 01-27-2013, 04:51 PM

The triangle warning sign is the timing chain stretch warning. But it seems that MRs and RalliArts randomly just wake up stupid and wont start. More of a computer glitch. Like when you turn on your PC and it is just all wrong woke up on the wrong side of the bed shit and then you restart it and everything is fine.

If it wont start, you turn off the key, count to ten and then it starts fine and is good for months again, that seems normal to mee. When you turn on the car about 5 different computers are coming on line all together and synching up all at once. If you catch one all sleepy still then the party dont start. CTRL+ALT+DEL and everything is fine.

Mike W
Old 01-27-2013, 06:26 PM

Yup i get these random problem starting the car too. just turn off and start the car again. I don't get any signs on the dash though. I also changed all relays from SSP.... o well seems like a glitch or something.

-GST basemap
-AMS boostpill
-Works Highflow Drop in air filter
-EVO X BPV
-UR UICP
Old 01-29-2013, 09:38 AM

Thanks! I guess the symbol I am seeing has to do with leaving the door open for a long period of time when the car is started. Haven't had any probs starting the car lately.