ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart General
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2013, 04:35 AM

Default Not sure what happened

Was driving to work today on the highway doing 65. Went to pass a car who merge over in front of me. Car took off then just pretty much died . Would hit the gas and rmp's didn't move at all . At the same time flashed what I believe was a ASC warning light then a service transmission light . Pulled off the side of the road and turn off then back on same lights popped up. Then waited about 1 minute turned on car shifted fine and went into hear drove another 3 miles with no issues or warnings but now have a CEL.

Just installed a drop in k&n filter yesterday . Other modes mishimoto FMIC with custom 3" piping , turbo smart Bov 100% Recirculated , 3" custom exhaust .

Still on stock tune never flashed the ecu but have notice the boost sometimes will hold around 13 psi and my a/f is about 10.4

Car has 7200 miles on it

Any advice or insight would be appreciated. Going to check the CEL if it is still on when I get home . Did a lil research on my phone through google n forums . Seems my car went a lil crazy or over boosted .

Last edited by WickedWhiteRA01; 04-18-2013 at 04:40 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:10 AM

I would honestly take it to the dealer and hopefully they won't give you crap for stuff you added to the car. I had similar issues at 400 miles on the car and I had a drop in and a catback.

If you do take it in make sure they actually take a look and give you some sort of answer and not give you crap that it's fine. I told em about the issue a couple of times until it finally took a crap. They had to order a new tranny from japan which I saw the bill was $12,000....thank god for warranty.

Bottom line when you start seeing stuff with the tranny it's a scary thing....
Old 04-18-2013, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwxspawnxwx View Post
I would honestly take it to the dealer and hopefully they won't give you crap for stuff you added to the car. I had similar issues at 400 miles on the car and I had a drop in and a catback.

If you do take it in make sure they actually take a look and give you some sort of answer and not give you crap that it's fine. I told em about the issue a couple of times until it finally took a crap. They had to order a new tranny from japan which I saw the bill was $12,000....thank god for warranty.

Bottom line when you start seeing stuff with the tranny it's a scary thing....
Yea don't like the way it sounds . But got a feeling if I take it in they will give me issues with the warranty
Old 04-18-2013, 07:14 AM

I mean if ur really worried... pop in the stock parts and take it. (assuming that you didn't sell em)
Old 04-18-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwxspawnxwx View Post
I mean if ur really worried... pop in the stock parts and take it. (assuming that you didn't sell em)
Still have everything but the stock downpipe had to cut the flange off for the custom downpipe
Old 04-18-2013, 07:55 AM

I wouldnt worry about your exhaust. I checked with my dealership before on this and they said exhausts are fine. If they say something about that.... that's just dumb.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:53 AM

i don't think you should have had those mods (3" IC piping, big fmic, turbo-back exhaust) without a tune. my dealership's service manager told me catback is fine for exhaust, but once you start tinkering with the downpipe/cat that you lose motor warranty. it does effect spooling so its reasonable. find an oem downpipe, revert to stock, and take it in. you have more to gain than you have to lose. and if you are denied a warranty claim, you have a lot to lose.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46byeRAhi View Post
i don't think you should have had those mods (3" IC piping, big fmic, turbo-back exhaust) without a tune. my dealership's service manager told me catback is fine for exhaust, but once you start tinkering with the downpipe/cat that you lose motor warranty. it does effect spooling so its reasonable. find an oem downpipe, revert to stock, and take it in. you have more to gain than you have to lose. and if you are denied a warranty claim, you have a lot to lose.
Was taking the car to get tuned next week. But I only have Mondays off so been adding parts every Monday and daily driving it back and forth to work.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWhiteRA01 View Post
Was taking the car to get tuned next week. But I only have Mondays off so been adding parts every Monday and daily driving it back and forth to work.
You CAN but not recommended...also trying not WOT helps...

but at only 7200 miles...and im guessing not all the mods were installed at 0 miles..hopefully a faulty SST or an over boost issue like you mentioned.

Put stock parts back on and go to stealership.

zeRep

Last edited by zeRep85; 04-18-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeRep85 View Post
You CAN but not recommended...also trying not WOT helps...

but at only 7200 miles...and im guessing not all the mods were installed at 0 miles..hopefully a faulty SST or an over boost issue like you mentioned.

Put stock parts back on and go to stealership.

zeRep
All mods have been installed within the last 500 miles .

Looks like I am going to take it to the dealer if I can find a oem downpipe