ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 04-23-2013, 05:15 PM

Default fenders rolled, still have slight rubbing going on, pls advise

posted this on evom, thought maybe i might get more help here:

sup fellas, need some advice here. i just purchased a set of evo x gsr rims and put on some 235/40/18 good year eagle gt's. i have a sportback and still on stock height.

with that said, with 3 passengers there was a lot of rubbing going on in the rear with turns and bumps at certain speeds so i had the rears rolled. it helped some but still rubs on the right rear on bumps at high speed like rail road tracks with the same 3 passengers.

anyways, the guy that rolled my fenders told me he was going to roll it halfway and have me see if its good coz his motto is: you can always go forward on a roll but you can never go back so little by little is better than just rolling it flat like i originally wanted.

so on to my question: would you guys recommend getting it rolled more or just wait and lower my car already and see if the camber created in the rear will solve the problem then roll from there?

at the moment im now noticing string cheese on my R rear tire - i've heard about the fender tab mod but looking at the tab it doesn't look like its rubbing from it... any ideas?
Old 04-23-2013, 05:30 PM

I had this issue with my gsr rims too and only the right rear would rub.. Weird, but got mine rolled today having rubbed yet but I haven't put people in the back yet. You could try stiffer springs... But you'll need to roll it more if your gonna lower it.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:04 PM

I have my rears rolled half way on Evo 18's. With a full load I don't rub, but maybe my 'half' is more than your 'half'.

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV
Old 04-24-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsralliart View Post
posted this on evom, thought maybe i might get more help here:

sup fellas, need some advice here. i just purchased a set of evo x gsr rims and put on some 235/40/18 good year eagle gt's. i have a sportback and still on stock height.

with that said, with 3 passengers there was a lot of rubbing going on in the rear with turns and bumps at certain speeds so i had the rears rolled. it helped some but still rubs on the right rear on bumps at high speed like rail road tracks with the same 3 passengers.

anyways, the guy that rolled my fenders told me he was going to roll it halfway and have me see if its good coz his motto is: you can always go forward on a roll but you can never go back so little by little is better than just rolling it flat like i originally wanted.

so on to my question: would you guys recommend getting it rolled more or just wait and lower my car already and see if the camber created in the rear will solve the problem then roll from there?

at the moment im now noticing string cheese on my R rear tire - i've heard about the fender tab mod but looking at the tab it doesn't look like its rubbing from it... any ideas?
Since you dont have tme completly rolled what about getting the fenders pulled in the rear? I may try this route if I ever Get my RA painted.
Injen SRI, UR UICP & LICP, UR 4.5 IC, COBB AP custome stg 2 tune, 3in TBE, Whiteline front strut bar, RRM rear strut bar, tint, roof spoiler, 2.5 turbo compressor outlet pipe, AMS BOV, AMS Boost Pill, TWE Catch Can, Megan Racing Coil Overs

Future Engine and Tranny Mods:
Water Meth Kit
SSP Oil Cooler
Fan for Stock Trans Cooler w/ washable filter

Future Suspension Mods:
Sway Bars
Rear Diff Bushing Kit
Cusco 4 or 5 pt Brace
Front Cross Member
Old 04-24-2013, 09:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

Why not get them rolled all the way? I don't see the downside.
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!
Old 04-25-2013, 12:17 PM
Regional Moderator

Rolling and pulling is the same thing, just more of it.. Flaring is where you change the shape to fit tires.

And that was actually pretty good advice, that's how I handle my smaller roll projects. I can always roll it out more later, but if one side pokes, you'll have to make the other side poke.. To match

If he's already started? It should take less work to finish.. And with our sound dampening strips, it can actually be tough to roll these cars, so if he's used to the standard lip, these are tougher to roll..

Also you can be fully rolled and still make contact where the bumper tabs meet, after the roll you actually make the corner sharper and more dangerous, it will need to be dremeled.

we call it making noodles, when you get little strips coming off the tires. That or lots of dust will tell you where you're rubbing

Last edited by Markspd6; 04-25-2013 at 12:19 PM.