ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 07-02-2010, 03:04 AM

Send a message via MSN to hackerrei Send a message via Yahoo to hackerrei
Default Cobb Access Port Review

Hello all

I am here today to review Cobb access port for Ralliart and Evo.
It is not that big fits in the palm not much bigger then your hand.
It comes with a cd,usb cable, and cable to the car.
Maps are easy to download but they have not updated the maps on the site so you can call or e-mail them for the update maps.
If you use the maps from the site after you start the car every thing works till you put it in gear and press the gas and nothing happens not even rev's.
So get the updated ones by calling cobb number is on the site.
Stage 1 and 2 are very good and you can use stage 2 with no upgrades to the car it can be 100% stock it gives a lot of power.
I like the in car monitor you can look at any thing from inside like boost pre, oil temp,knock retard, and many more.
Pluse 0-60 times 1-4 mile times and trap speed.
All in all very worth the price a must buy and it is great if you travel any place that has a higher oct then CA because you can change maps on the fly takes about 10 min to install new maps.

As for my 2010 RASB with stage 2 boost psi is at peak 20psi tapper down to 17psi the dyno app showed a 46 hp over stock and the 0-60 test showed 5.2sec .
Great gains for the price but 1 flaw to use on a diffrent car ou have to unistall it from your car putting back in factory setup.
So if you get it it is a 1 car mate for this port.

I will be at mob and will give a personal review and showing if any one is thinking of getting 1 but wants to see it work first.
Also will be showing off Go Fast Bits Stealth FX BOV.

Hope this helps.

Nick
Old 07-02-2010, 05:58 AM

the thing that i dont understand about the unit, is when upgarding your car, you have to follow the guidlines of the maps. for example, stage 2 was turbo back exhaust, 93 octane etc. what happens if i add in a CAI, this isnt accounted for in the tune and they car wont run properly, and there arent maps out that cover a car with those specs. since there are only a couple maps, does this mean it is only useful to flash the car if you have the requirements of the highest map (i believe stage 2 93 octance), because once you have more aftermarket parts, how does it accoutn for them. custom tune? i dont know

Smoked Lights, Vortex Generator, Red Mitsu Logos, XXR 522 18x9.5 et38, Falken fk452 235/40/18, Rally Armor Mudflaps, UR Cat Back, UR High Flow Cat, UR Downpipe, Ur UICP, AMS Intercooler, Defi Racer Boost Gauge, Defi Racer Oil Temperature Gauge, Eibach Sportlines, Rexpeed CF Hood Dampers, Rexpeed A-Pillar Gauge Pod, Rexpeed CF Duckbill Lip Spoiler
Old 07-02-2010, 12:02 PM

Default g

Hello

Well they have maps for stage 1 and 2 on 91oct and stage 1 and 2 for 93 oct.
As far as stage 2's when installing the req are stock intake and custom cat back or stock exost.
Those are the req the unit will say befor install but realy any setup will work but that could change with your intake if the maf is not in the same place as the stock then the maps will be off and you will have some problems.
I am 100% stock besides the GFB stealth FX and I am running stage 2 with no problems and lots of power gains.
I even logged idel and 60mph trip for 30min then a few wot runs from 60 to 120 and 80 to 120 every thing is fine so I think there is a little leeway in what you have done to your car and the maps req.
As far as the maps for RA there are not that many and it is pretty open in req to use the map but the evo have way more maps and they are for any upgrade so the req are higher on evo to follow the stage req.
But for RA your fine running stage 2 on stock should not do any thing.
But evo you will need to follow the req for your stage u want to install like there is a stage 2 that is made for if you have a K&N intake and one for a AEM intake so you need to follow it more close to prevent a problem.

I will be testing it more all week till mod and be able to give a better review for you guy's.
any other questons feel free to ask or if there is any thing I missed let me know we are all here to help each other.

Nick
Old 07-03-2010, 11:26 PM

Default Update

I was playing with the 0-60 timer and dyno and this is what I found out.
0-60 times 1st run 7.4 sec manual sport 2nd run 6.2sec auto sport 3rd run auto sport 7.2sec.
dyno run 1 264hp 311ftq 2nd run 246hp 277ftq 3rd run 264hp 311ftq.
I also thought it would be a good time to test the boost psi on the diffrent settings on the GFB Stealth FX.
1st test full vent 17psi tapper to 14psi 2nd test 60vent 40rec 17psi tapper to 14 3rd test full rec 17psi tapper to 14.
So basicly vent or rec the car is holding the same boost numbers.
Also rec no knock maf numbers are the same at any setting.
The speed reader and rpm reader are spot on even check abs psi.

I think the 0-60 times are a little off but it was done ingear and from idel no hard launching on any run.
Dyno was done at 2000rpm in 3rd gear to 7000rpm.

Where do these number compare to an tune number you guy's have so we can see where the cobb acc stands to a shop tune?

List your dyno numbers HP-TORQ-Boost PSI- stock and after tune and any 0-60 time rec befor and after tune and if your car is stock or list any add parts that helped you hit your numbers.

This could help another member know what is best for what they want to do to upgrade there RA.

Thanks for all your input on this.

Nick
Old 07-08-2010, 12:41 PM

Default To answer your question

To answer your question the pams out right now only go for stock intake if you have any other type of intake added you would need to get a protune done or get the protune program from cobb and make your own maps.
The evo has diffrent maps for all the diffrent intakes out now.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:58 PM

Talking question about the cobb accessport

hi we met saturday at mod2010 i had the orange ralliart and we were talking about the bov.. i have a question about the cobb accessport... do u know by any chance if u have the accessport registered on a subaru and u want to use it on a mitsu ralliart.. is it possible to use it and just sync it for example with the car... and is it really a big difference of horse power and torque that it gives u than with the stock from the car...
Old 07-12-2010, 07:51 AM

Default Hello

Well each car has it's own plug that the access port uses top connect to your car RA and EVO X have the same port inside the car that you plug the port into but EVO 8-9 have a diffrent size port and WRX and STI have a diffrent port then EVO and RA also with the subi the access port are programed for the specific cars. I.E. the diffrent part numbers for ports for diffrent cars but EVO X and RA have the same part number so can use the same access port just diffrent maps.

So you would have to get the Port for EVO X and RA then get the maps for RA when you buy the port it comes with no maps you have to put them on there but like I said befor the maps on the site are not updated and don't work you will need to call there 1800# or e-mail them a request the updated maps for RA then you will need to copy them to the port then install.
I will make a video of the install process from pc to car.

Update
I tested out the 91 stage 2 acn for california.
0-60 time tested 6.1 sec
dyno scored a 255HP 282FTQ

Final test for 91 stage 2
0-60 time tested 6.3 sec
dyno scored a 267HP 301FTQ

93oct will get more power gains then these numbers.

Check out my thread BOV that work for RA it will give you the web site if you want to order the Go Fast Bits stealth fx that I showed you.

Take care
Nick
Old 07-12-2010, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

Rite on Nick, Good info. You should post more often.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:09 AM

I'm sorry but that's untrue. They all plug into the OBD 2 port which is a standard size on all cars after like 1990 or so. The differences in the AP are the controllers themselves. I don't believe the Subaru ap is the same unit the Mitsubishi. I know from evolution to ra is the same.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:02 AM

Default Thanks for correction

Thanks for the correction I was a little unshure about that also I only stated it because when I worked for subaru in Texas there were a few used cars that people brought in that had codes on them but we were not able to use the reader for there cars because it was not setup for that type of car but that might have just been the program and not the size of the connecter from the reader to the car sorry for any mix up on that subject.

I try to research as much on a subject as I can but some times it might be a little off so you can use any connecter on any type of car but the program has to be setup for that car IE cobb acc port for WRX-STI only work for that car same with EVO-RA.
So if you have a port for WRX and you want to use it for RA it won't work because the program is made to read and flash WRX not RA.
So you will need to get the port for EVO X or RA they both work for each other only the maps need to be for your spec car.
The Item number to order is AP-MIT-002 for EVO X and RA you can get it from www.cobbtuning.com or you can try ebay but remmber if they did not uninstall it from there car it will not work on your car because it will still be mated to there car so be care full when getting though another person.

I hope this helps.

Nick

Tags
cobb tune evo ralliart