ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > Miscellaneous > Cellar
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoZero View Post
That's two people with messed up timing chains... now I'm worried.
Yeah...scary..

My car was at SCM for about 2 weeks....then after replacing the timing chain...they said my ECU was acting up and ended up replacing that...

Ive had some issues....

1-deformed tranny pan...very small amounts of oil leaking..
2-misaligned timing chain
3-bad ECU..
4-FUCKED up radio...which i havent had time to get it checked out...
Old 05-19-2011, 10:34 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to wwralliart77

Yeah check out my other thread, I posted some info regarding the timing chain issues. Seems like they are becoming more common.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Jesus. Makes me want to reconsider modding my car too much.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:19 PM

Well I didn't mean exactly that it's "Cheaper" I guess I meant to say your better off buying one. I have Hook ups on OEM parts, Install, so one and so forth. I'm sure there are SOOOOME parts that can be transfered over to the new one? But hey your car your money and if you don't see fit I don't blame you. So Cheers

On the other note, Still working on it as I'm not entitled to release info on the car YET do to contract with a magazine... lol Sucks I know but to just list short briefing...

Buschur 2.3RPM
Buschur Stage 3
*Currently Buschur BF272* / Kelford 272 / GSC S3 ( Doing a Cam Test for Big Number Evos)
HTA86 and HTA94 (Again, Testing for Numbers)
FULL TRE Trans/Rear Diff/Transfer Case

That's just the little things that people wanna know the rest is all detailed parts for the build which I'll wait till the car is completed and read to be seen. Good luck with your motor hope you get it running ASAP.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:40 PM

Picked the car up last Sun. and it was ackward to say the least; check out my other thread. Anyhow the car drives fine but lacks in power for the mods on it, so I'm gonna need a retune. Still debating on whether I want to keep it or not depending on the current market. There's a few things that still need sorting but I'd like to posts some pics of the old block, head, and timing components so you guys can see what are engines look like from the inside. My engine doesn't look or seem to be damaged, but that's a different story.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

So everything is back to stock or back to how you had it before?

Where did you find the engine?
Old 06-02-2011, 08:06 PM

Back to how it was before; I left all my mods on it, too much money/time put into the car to return it to stock. I bought a new long block assembly from the dealer which actually ended up being the most reasonable route. They gave me a one year warranty on the engine/work, so if it goes BOOM again it's on them. I did notice my car lacks power when I stomp on the gas, it bogs down and seems like it might stall. I've also been getting a lot of compressor surge from the turbo. I think the retune will help, hopefully the turbo wasn't damaged along with the old engine...THAT WOULD SUCK!
Old 06-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwralliart77 View Post
Back to how it was before; I left all my mods on it, too much money/time put into the car to return it to stock. I bought a new long block assembly from the dealer which actually ended up being the most reasonable route. They gave me a one year warranty on the engine/work, so if it goes BOOM again it's on them. I did notice my car lacks power when I stomp on the gas, it bogs down and seems like it might stall. I've also been getting a lot of compressor surge from the turbo. I think the retune will help, hopefully the turbo wasn't damaged along with the old engine...THAT WOULD SUCK!
You should double check the turbo to make sure there aren't any shaft play.
That would suck.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:45 AM

So a few weeks have gone by and the compressor surge has become more pronounced. I simply made a few adj. to the bov spring tension and it helped only prematurely. I was unable to get the tension just right; it was either too loose or too tight. When I loosened it, it would be cool for a minute then needed to be tightened. When I tightened it the same issue would occur and it needed to be loosened.

The car has also been running hot with coolant temp at 200 degrees, when it should be more like 150 degrees and down. Seems like the same symptoms I had before that caused the stock engine to fail. At this point it seems the turbo might be damaged and if it is this car has gotta go. Too much crap going wrong with this car. Tired of the time/money invested just to get this thing down the road and back.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:11 AM

Nick!

Whats up with the car!? Hope its running!