ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 01-07-2012, 12:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

pmed an offer for the coils
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!
Old 01-07-2012, 01:21 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to wwralliart77

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliNurse View Post
Sry to hear that ur selling ur car....what's the reason if i may ask...
^ The vehicle has turned out to be the biggest lemon and Mitsubishi basically screwed me over on the whole deal. The motor gave out at 14k miles due to a failed oil pump and I was denied warranty over a aftermarket ic and catback exhaust. Even though the mods had nothing to do with the failure, Mitsubishi claimed that they were the cause of the failure and reported that I was racing the vehicle. All these statements were untrue and they were unable to give me any specific information on how the motor failed and specifically how the mods were related. They even went as far as to say that I modified the turbo and took pictures of a modified evo and claimed that it was my car. Too bad the evo was black and my ra is white

I needed my vehicle as it was my DD so I ended up paying over 8k on a new motor and had it installed at the dealership. The dealer also claimed that my block was cracked and my head was warped, which I later found to be untrue. I felt let down and unsatisfied over the whole deal and ended up taking Mitsubishi to court over the issue. It has ended up escalating into this big ordeal and I was even put on Mitsubishi's blacklist. They wouldn't see or work on my car no matter the circumstance.

After many months the case has finally be resolved and I ended up winning and reclaiming the money spent on repairs as well as reclaiming my warranty. I have currently still had issues with the car and it has been in and out of the dealer more then I'd like to care. It seems to be finally fixed at the moment so I'd like to sell it or wait and see if it acts up again.

First and last Mitsubishi
Old 01-07-2012, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkid View Post
pmed an offer for the coils
^ PM has been replied
Old 01-07-2012, 03:02 PM

Damn...sry to hear this whole fucked up ordeal that u have to go thru...although not a lot of ppl is going thru the same thing u did...I think mitsu 1)need to make sure all their QAs is on the same page to make sure all cars are the same before leaving he factory floor...and 2)they need to stop being stingy about the warrenty shit...when u know u r facing stiff comp from other car manufacturers...customer loyalty should be a company's top priority...

G/l with ur future purchase...subie's brz looks pretty hot though

Phase 1
[X] Cosworth Drop-In
[X] UR Full Catback Exhaust
[X] UR Upper ICP
[X] UR Lower ICP
[X] Evo X FMIC
[X] Evo X BOV

Phase 2 - Breaks
Old 01-07-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliNurse View Post
Damn...sry to hear this whole fucked up ordeal that u have to go thru...although not a lot of ppl is going thru the same thing u did...I think mitsu 1)need to make sure all their QAs is on the same page to make sure all cars are the same before leaving he factory floor...and 2)they need to stop being stingy about the warrenty shit...when u know u r facing stiff comp from other car manufacturers...customer loyalty should be a company's top priority...

G/l with ur future purchase...subie's brz looks pretty hot though
^ Actually there are quite a few people who have had oil pump failures on the 4B11Ts. I know of at least five incidents in SoCal alone. I think the manufacturing of these cars were rushed and parts were thrown into it at the last second. There are a lot of defects on these cars that exist but have yet to be noted. Mitsubishi hasn't stepped up and done anything about the situation however. I have been keeping my eye out on the situation and have noted a few revisions made by Mitsubishi on these cars. All we can do is wait and hopefully none of you guys run into the issues I have.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Ha, another reason why I'm beginning the process of reverting mine back to stock so I can trade it in soon. Breaks my heart but I can't have a car that's prone to so many fatal issues, like the oil pump, SST and timing chain, all of which are VERY costly to repair out of warranty.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoZero View Post
Ha, another reason why I'm beginning the process of reverting mine back to stock so I can trade it in soon. Breaks my heart but I can't have a car that's prone to so many fatal issues, like the oil pump, SST and timing chain, all of which are VERY costly to repair out of warranty.
^ Very true, stick with something you know is reliable and won't give you issues.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

Well they did have a nuclear fall out from earthquake so these things make our problems not a priority at the moment.

To me, once you increase power, you should look into upgrading things like oil cooler(s) & pump to keep up with increased power & heat.

Anything that moves are prone to failure.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZL View Post
Well they did have a nuclear fall out from earthquake so these things make our problems not a priority at the moment.

To me, once you increase power, you should look into upgrading things like oil cooler(s) & pump to keep up with increased power & heat.

Anything that moves are prone to failure.
^ It makes sense that the additional power would cause the engine internals to spin up at a faster rate generating more heat and requiring more lubrication. However one must ask themselves if the parts, labor, and cost are all worth it. Not to mention that you would void the heck out of your warranty and in a sense would be building somewhat of a race car. IMO is doesn't make sense to do so on a DD. Simple and effective mods are the way to go when desiring more power, but it's not worth it if you end up swapping out every nut and bolt when it's all said and done.

I learned that the hard way
Old 01-08-2012, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwralliart77 View Post
^ It makes sense that the additional power would cause the engine internals to spin up at a faster rate generating more heat and requiring more lubrication. However one must ask themselves if the parts, labor, and cost are all worth it. Not to mention that you would void the heck out of your warranty and in a sense would be building somewhat of a race car. IMO is doesn't make sense to do so on a DD. Simple and effective mods are the way to go when desiring more power, but it's not worth it if you end up swapping out every nut and bolt when it's all said and done.

I learned that the hard way
We all gotta learn one way or another, as long as you learn & learn to apply what you've learned.
Dont feel too bad, this is part of motorsport or wanting more power.

I spent 24k (after the loan & ripp off interest) buying my civic & spent another 8k just so it can occupy the driveway modding it to death. Which is going to need more money to get it back to its former self.

Funny thing about cooling upgrade is it gives you small amount of nice DD power & abit more reliability.

friction = heat
force = heat
spark = heat
explosions = heat
recycled exhaust gas = more heat

war against heat?

Reliable racecars = alot of math to make sure everything can withstand the abuse or additional power & HEAT.

or

just enjoy the car as stock or semi-stock DD with better than high power mpg.