ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 06-13-2015, 12:35 PM

Default SST won't engage in gear

I was driving last night, rather hard down the highway. I turned around and stepped on the throttle and it went great for a few seconds, but I heard a noise. Kind of like a gentle clunk, not violent or anything.
I got the slow down message and transmission popped into neutral. I coasted to a stop and let the car idle.
I'm getting several "service required" lights and the slow down. The car will not engage, nor does it display the gear indicator anymore!
The car sat overnight to cool off completely, nothing changed this morning. I had it towed to the dealership, but if there is anything I can do before they open on Monday I would love to fix this.
It's an 09 Ralliart with boost pill and GST basemap, ssport flashed. No other mods. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Message_1434157917595.jpg (88.8 KB, 14 views)
Old 06-13-2015, 01:08 PM

Default transmission

are you sure it's not the gear box,it's happened in the 09 model ?
Old 06-13-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper6 View Post
are you sure it's not the gear box,it's happened in the 09 model ?
Is it throwing any codes?
Old 06-13-2015, 01:29 PM

I don't have a code reader any more, but yes there are codes.
I know that would help a lot but I've been working all day, I'm gonna try to get one and pull codes tonight.
It 'popped' as if I was getting a slow down message, which I've had before. I'm concerned that the TCU is fried.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
I was driving last night, rather hard down the highway. I turned around and stepped on the throttle and it went great for a few seconds, but I heard a noise. Kind of like a gentle clunk, not violent or anything.
I got the slow down message and transmission popped into neutral. I coasted to a stop and let the car idle.
I'm getting several "service required" lights and the slow down. The car will not engage, nor does it display the gear indicator anymore!
The car sat overnight to cool off completely, nothing changed this morning. I had it towed to the dealership, but if there is anything I can do before they open on Monday I would love to fix this.
It's an 09 Ralliart with boost pill and GST basemap, ssport flashed. No other mods. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Duke Its Jack.
AKA Ralliart Guy in the Winnipeg car scene and on TopTierImports.com

I will PM you as I know who tuned your car and would like to hear from you in regards to the whole process. I wish I would of been able to check your tune and files prior to this happening as I would of recommended a few changes to your programming.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:11 AM

Ok so I was able to pull the engine codes.

I came up with U0101 and P1590.
So lost communication with the TCM and battery voltage issue.

Basically it's starting to look like I'm going to need a new TCU. I really hope this isn't the case, I don't have the funds for that right now.
The car is at the dealership now and they're going to run a full diagnostic for me, hopefully it ends up being something easy.
Fingers are crossed.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:36 AM

Talking

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Apparently there was some extremely harsh vibration (from a warped front rotor) when braking from 140mph that unlocked and somehow disconnected the wiring harness from the transmission somewhere underneath the battery tray.
Plugged everything back in and we're good to go!
What a relief..
Old 06-15-2015, 12:17 PM
Administrator

wow. ive never heard of connectors coming off due to vibration. that must have been some badly deformed rotor. glad it wasnt anything worse.