ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 12-30-2013, 06:15 AM

Question Service Engine Light Flashing!

I recently got the UR Turboback exhaust installed, and tuned to stage II with Cobb AP. When I'm in automatic mode and my RA is in a higher gear than desired (like merging on the highway and it's already in 6th), when I get on the throttle and it doesn't downshift my Service Engine Soon light flashes for a few seconds. Has anyone else had this happen?

I have not had the car custom tuned so I am making an assumption it's related to the O2 sensor, or running rich. Any idea if a custom tune would fix this?
Old 12-30-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrally85 View Post
I recently got the UR Turboback exhaust installed, and tuned to stage II with Cobb AP. When I'm in automatic mode and my RA is in a higher gear than desired (like merging on the highway and it's already in 6th), when I get on the throttle and it doesn't downshift my Service Engine Soon light flashes for a few seconds. Has anyone else had this happen?

I have not had the car custom tuned so I am making an assumption it's related to the O2 sensor, or running rich. Any idea if a custom tune would fix this?
What does the accessport tell you the error code is? Personally i cant stand driving it in the automatic mode unless its around town, it can be irritating sometimes how the sst reacts in that mode
Old 01-01-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrally85 View Post

I could be wrong but I believe that flashing SES light is knock counts. A while back I heard a rumor that Tephra was working with Cobb and they may have used some of his programming for the flashing knock counter using the SES light.

Do some data logs and check your knock. You may be experiencing low load knock or something.
Evo X FMIC | MAP UICP | Evo X LICP | Evo X BPV | AEM Intake | AMS Boost Pill | GST Basemap Tuned by Razorlabs | RRM GRIP Springs | Oil Catch Tank | Agency Power Downpipe | Avid1 18x9 +35 Wheels | Project Kics R28 Lugs | AMS 3" Resonated Test Pipe | Ultimate Racing 3" Dual-Tip Catback | Zeitronix ZT-2 + ZR-2 Wideband/Boost gauge | Tomei Oil Cap | CF Engine Cover | CF Hood Struts | HKS Radiator Cap | Coming Soon: Evo X turbo upgrade
Old 01-04-2014, 10:56 PM

i also remember reading somewhere w certain tunes, that giving it a large amount of throttle in 6th gear in low revs caused knock, but i thought it was unique to a certain blend of tune on GST basemap.
X IC Swap
UR UICP
UR LICP
X BPV
AMS HFC
UR Exhaust w Custom midpipe