ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Tech Talk and Power Mods
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2014, 02:55 PM

Default Mod Order List

Looking to get a mod order list recommend for Ralliart owners.

So far I have GST boost pill and 93 oct boost pill tune. What should my next mods be?

For example should I upgrade our intercooler/piping setup or exhaust next? My overall goal is to eventually send the oem turbo in to CBRD to get their full turbo upgrade. This is my daily driver and I would be happy with around 300hp/tq.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:16 PM
Regional Moderator

IC and test pipe, or down pipe, you'll notice the limitations of the stock IC more when summer hits.. for the money, there's not as much gain from the exhaust if you're going to keep the stock turbo frame.. You'd be better off spending the dough on injectors and e85 or most any other perf mod before buying a pricy exhaust. If you can find a decent used one, then it's a better investment.

You can modify the stock exhaust for some minimal gains and volume. But, for the modified stock turbo you mentioned, I'd look into getting a 2.5" custom setup, over the standard 3" stuff most guys buy, Mostly just for cost and volume reasons, otherwise 3" should work fine.

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markspd6 View Post
IC and test pipe, or down pipe, you'll notice the limitations of the stock IC more when summer hits.. for the money, there's not as much gain from the exhaust if you're going to keep the stock turbo frame.. You'd be better off spending the dough on injectors and e85 or most any other perf mod before buying a pricy exhaust. If you can find a decent used one, then it's a better investment.

You can modify the stock exhaust for some minimal gains and volume. But, for the modified stock turbo you mentioned, I'd look into getting a 2.5" custom setup, over the standard 3" stuff most guys buy, Mostly just for cost and volume reasons, otherwise 3" should work fine.
Thanks for the input Mark. What do you think of the CBRD IC and piping? That is the route I am thinking of going. I like how their UICP is a single piece. As for the exhaust I was thinking of going UR short down pipe and HFC to maybe a Magna Flow exhaust.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:57 PM
Regional Moderator

Single piece UICP are normally crap. You need to have it be more than one piece to accept the flex the engine has.. You will most likely get dings on the inside of the piping from it hitting the turbo outlet, or a bend in the whole pipe. It's a common issue.

I'd honestly stick with some thing closer to OEM, you don't need massive flow with the CBrD turbo. I'd look into OEM pipes, then adding the depo hard pipe on the top part of the UICP, and maybe an ETS 3-3.5" IC, to accommodate the turbo upgrade. Otherwise the x IC works fine for stock turbos.

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:02 AM

markspd6, gotta give you some props for always answering the newb questions.
clubralliart mvp nomination
Old 06-03-2014, 05:36 AM

Depending on where this guy is located I have the UR catback for pretty much half price in VA.
Evo X FMIC | MAP UICP | Evo X LICP | Evo X BPV | AEM Intake | AMS Boost Pill | GST Basemap Tuned by Razorlabs | RRM GRIP Springs | Oil Catch Tank | Agency Power Downpipe | Avid1 18x9 +35 Wheels | Project Kics R28 Lugs | AMS 3" Resonated Test Pipe | Ultimate Racing 3" Dual-Tip Catback | Zeitronix ZT-2 + ZR-2 Wideband/Boost gauge | Tomei Oil Cap | CF Engine Cover | CF Hood Struts | HKS Radiator Cap | Coming Soon: Evo X turbo upgrade