ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 02-15-2012, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubjecttoChange View Post
In no way do I want to hijack this thread... but has anyone had significant problems in auto mode?

I was cruising at ~30mph and the car (in auto mode) went into 6th, then 5th, then 4th, then 3rd, then 2nd... all at ~5 second each, with no change in throttle input.

WTF? Is this normal? I rarely drive in auto mode... but is this weird? My question is- should I have my tranny (probably TCU) looked at?
Make sure if you're driving in the neighborhood to keep it in Normal mode, not Sport. Try resetting your ECU by removing the negative battery terminal for about 15 minutes. At least, that was the cure-all on my old cars, lol.

If it keeps up then you might want to have it looked at. Are you on the stock ROM or a custom tune or a basemap?
Old 02-15-2012, 06:31 PM

No tune. It was in Normal, Auto. I'll try resetting the ECU to see if that helps. The tranny has been a bit finicky lately so I haven't gone ahead and gotten it tuned. Good thing I guess if there's something wrong. Seems like there's more slip than when it was new... whenever I'm driving- whether the car is warmed up or not.

The coldest this car sees is 40F. It's rare that it's below 50F here in San Diego though. I try to let it warm up until the temp gauge registers.

At ~7000 miles
Evo X BOV
RRE Modified Magnaflow Catback
Old 02-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Hmm... keep an eye on it and see what happens. Try driving it in auto for a while and see if it does that again. If so, you might have a transmission issue.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:25 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

I just started having this happen on mine. automatically shifts from 2nd to 3rd after only being in 2nd gear for a second. Happens shortly after I start driving. driving around slow like in a neighborhood or parking lot doesn't cause it to happen. Only when I take off from a light or something at about 1/4 throttle.

Did anyone ever get a legitimate reason why it happens and how to fix it? I'm thinking it may be some type of learned behavior if a ecu reset fixes it. Haven't tried resetting yet but curious if anyone has figured out how to resolve it first.
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!
Old 01-02-2015, 02:20 PM

i posted a question like this a while ago and Smeghead posted this theory which makes sense:

"Mine does the same thing. Pretty sure its more of a safety feature for the engine and turbo then the sst. Being that your supposed to let the engine warm up before you take off so that the oil can properly cool the turbo. If you have it in manual when its cold and take off and rev to high the turbo obviously would kick in and coukd seize it due to poor lubrication. So sst is probably programed to shift on its own if engine temp is below a set temp. Makes sense to me"

http://www.clubralliart.com/showthre...?t=3398&page=2
Old 01-02-2015, 02:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

Hmm... That doesn't really apply in my case. I live in Florida and this has been occurring in around 70' weather. In addition, I've waited until I get a reading on the temperature display before I start driving so it should be all warmed up.
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkid View Post
I just started having this happen on mine. automatically shifts from 2nd to 3rd after only being in 2nd gear for a second. Happens shortly after I start driving. driving around slow like in a neighborhood or parking lot doesn't cause it to happen. Only when I take off from a light or something at about 1/4 throttle.

Did anyone ever get a legitimate reason why it happens and how to fix it? I'm thinking it may be some type of learned behavior if a ecu reset fixes it. Haven't tried resetting yet but curious if anyone has figured out how to resolve it first.
Mine was always like that...........I did not know that was something to look for.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:30 AM

Mine has around 53k miles and it just now started doing this within the past couple months. I just find it strange that it never did it before and now it does if it's something it should have been doing the whole time
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 07:13 PM

actually, I find odd that most of the problems here on this thread appeared after 1 year with the car... car with under 10k miles... That's too son for problems with any kind of trasmission, even a SST, isnt' it?