ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 03-25-2011, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkupa View Post
I bought 4 speakers (50') that i will install in the doors. Do I need a amplifier? Is there one in already in non RF system. I imagine if there is not one already it will be pricey. I have no idea how to install one.
If you have the non-RF system, then I don't believe there's an external amplifier, just the one built in to the stock radio connected to the speakers. No, an amp isn't needed if you want to make things simple, but depending on which speakers you have and if you keep the stock radio or use an aftermarket unit, sound quality might not be so great. If you want great sound quality, best bet is getting a decent aftermarket head unit, decent aftermarket speakers, have everything re-wired to a good four-channel amp and have it tweaked to your liking. If you've never done any type of audio, it would be best to go to a car audio shop and have them do it.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:07 PM

Just to clarify even the base audio system for the Ralliart has 6 speakers, back doors are co axial and front doors get a mid range with tweeters are in the little plastic molding by the mirror. Believe it or not to make good quality after market speakers sound good you need enough juice to push them. Typically the bad quality you hear is from speakers being cranked up but under driven which results in distortion. I was told the stock deck is not to bad and should push at least 15-25 watts RMS per channel. Not the greatest but not bad for the base model factory deck.

I am using a Alpine 600 Watt 4 channel amp to push my energy speakers combined with my Reque unit and a second 500 watt Alpine mono amp to push my 10 inch sub.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Just to clarify even the base audio system for the Ralliart has 6 speakers, back doors are co axial and front doors get a mid range with tweeters are in the little plastic molding by the mirror. Believe it or not to make good quality after market speakers sound good you need enough juice to push them. Typically the bad quality you hear is from speakers being cranked up but under driven which results in distortion. I was told the stock deck is not to bad and should push at least 15-25 watts RMS per channel. Not the greatest but not bad for the base model factory deck.

I am using a Alpine 600 Watt 4 channel amp to push my energy speakers combined with my Reque unit and a second 500 watt Alpine mono amp to push my 10 inch sub.
so if I get amp 4x 50 intalled under the driver seat it should be enough for the 4 50 watts speakers i bought. is there a writte up how to install aftermarket door speakers?
Old 03-26-2011, 08:44 PM

It's pretty simple but you have to have patience because there are a few screws hidden behind plastic covers and the bottom of the doors are all clips. You might wanna spend 2 bucks and pick up a generic clip removal tool at the local auto store. Also the speaker size on our cars is a little weird so chances are you might need tin snips and or dremal tool to makes speaker openings a little bigger than stock. inner sheet metal on door is very thin so it will cut easily and a good thing to have is a roil of foil tape like they use for sealing cold air return ducts on your home. the tape will protect your speaker wire and hands from getting cut and by putting pcs around the opening it will act as sound deadener so your speakers and that thin sheet metal won't rattle. Mock it up then cut tape mount and wire then fire it up to see how it sounds before you put door panel back on.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:49 PM

just changed the speakers. Now i have new crazy problem. If the radio is on i hear it from all 4 spekers. but when the cd is on it only plays on driver side.........what the hell?
Old 03-28-2011, 05:13 PM

Same thing happened to me ended up having stock deck replaced under warranty. It is a well known issue some time one side cuts off when CD plays some time 1 side cuts off when radio plays. I have seen it both ways. In either case check all your connections but it is the stock head unit that controls the outputs.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Same thing happened to me ended up having stock deck replaced under warranty. It is a well known issue some time one side cuts off when CD plays some time 1 side cuts off when radio plays. I have seen it both ways. In either case check all your connections but it is the stock head unit that controls the outputs.
thanks. I though i am going insaine.