ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > Motorsports > General Motorsports Events

Old 07-21-2011, 10:01 PM

I had a 91 Octane tune on Shell V power gas by Shane at DB Performance in Rogers, Minnesota just outside Minneapolis. Check my build thread my clicking on link in my signature. His dyno only showed my car making 221 HP at the wheels and 250 torque at the wheels, but told me not to worry as a stock Evo only makes about 215 hp at the wheels on their dyno. AKA known as the heartbreak dyno in the industry LOL !
My car runs 1 minute 12 seconds at the track at Gimli Motorsport park. Google it to get details and has run a 1/4 mile in 13.2 seconds so it's not the fastest RA but middle of the pack I would say considering stock turbo, trans and engine.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

^heartbreak dyno of the industry? lol.

So what kinda things are they teaching you?
360? scandinavian flick? 180 parking?
Old 07-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAbOS View Post
Brake boosting works for me when left foot braking. Very handy in the 1 or 2 super slow tight corners in Solo. Solo though, really can not be treated the same as full circuit runs in many ways. Solo guys will run toe setups that would tear through tires on a full circuit runs above 40mph, as an example.
I didnt think SST will like me left foot braking with full throttle.

Got any vids?
Old 07-23-2011, 12:34 AM

Actually I do, but they were done on my Gopro 960 Camera but I need some program to edit them in length, like sitting and waiting for 2-3 minutes at the start of the videos etc.. need one compatible with Windows 7 64 bit, and yes I know about just using a 32 bit and doing the compatibility thing and put it in the i386 folder blah blah blah. Videoa ar acouple gig or more each wasn't too sure where I could upload them to being such a huge file size.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, I would like to see vid of the RA in action.
Im saving up for GoPro or something better.

Im behind on computer s/w & video editing/posting.
Im sure youtube can handle it.
Can somebody with multiple GB video posting chime in plz?
Old 09-19-2011, 10:12 PM

I am changing this to my Racing with Jackal thread as I do just about everything with my car from taking out the whole family to dinner and a movie to multiple track and off road rally events and will update this thread pre race prep and anychanges ive done then racing results and damage sustained etc. at each event.

I have re installed my stereo into the car managed to fasten, clip,screw ,tywrap the whole frontend,whats left of my under panels, lip wheel well liners etc back in place.

I removed the recirculation kit for my HKS blow off valve and put the plug in the return hose so now the car makes the teenager come running noise.

I intend to drag race my car this friday night with BOV venting 100% to atmosphere to see if my 1/4 mile times will be affected. Also will be filling car with 94 Octane gas instead of the 91 Shell Vpower gas it was tuned for to if there is any effect. I am hoping with the cooler temperatures in the evening this will help Turbo power production and help keep Trans heat issues at bay.

Just looking for feed back as to what I should expect. As a base line reference the car has run abest of 13.2 in the 1/4 on a hot sunny day and even taking out over 75 pounds between all the heavy MDF, speakers amps, spare tire, jack, tools etc and running in an evening last month I was only able to run a best of 13.3 that night, go figure. Both runs were on bald 245/18 stock Yokoma Evo X tires. I now have a set of new Hankook Evo tires on so maybe with less rolling resistance it might help.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanking everyone in advance.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:04 AM

BOV venting to atmosphere won't make one bit of difference with a Ralliart at WOT since the bov never opens when shifting gears, unless the BOV is leaking at full boost.

On a manual, it would run rich between shifts.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:03 PM

Good to know, so basically keep my right foot planted on the gas pedal and proceed to try and push it through the floor. LOL !
Old 09-21-2011, 04:56 PM

Shifting at the right point based on your power and torque curves can have good results. There are articles and calculators floating around the interwebs that can help you determine where those points are.

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV
Old 09-24-2011, 07:58 AM

Well found out the hard way going to lower 91 Octane fuel and removing recirculation kit for BOV bad decision as all my runs were 2 to 5 tenths of a second slower than usual. Most of my runs were 13.6 to 13.8 with fastest run of the night at 13.5. My two previous outings had me running mostly 13.4 with a best time of 13.2 in the 1/4 mile. Temperature was about 13 Degree Celcius so I thought I would be faster with the cooler air.

Last edited by Jackal; 09-24-2011 at 08:01 AM.