ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart General
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2010, 11:10 AM

Default Lamin-x Tail light Tints

hey guys i just bought the darkest Lamin-x tali light tints (charcoal) for my ralliart. They are being shipped right now, and ill post pics once they are installed.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:16 PM

good news, got the tints in the mail today, almost 3 weeks later

they should be on by tomorrow and pics will be posted

Smoked Lights, Vortex Generator, Red Mitsu Logos, XXR 522 18x9.5 et38, Falken fk452 235/40/18, Rally Armor Mudflaps, UR Cat Back, UR High Flow Cat, UR Downpipe, Ur UICP, AMS Intercooler, Defi Racer Boost Gauge, Defi Racer Oil Temperature Gauge, Eibach Sportlines, Rexpeed CF Hood Dampers, Rexpeed A-Pillar Gauge Pod, Rexpeed CF Duckbill Lip Spoiler
Old 06-19-2010, 06:42 AM

Cool, can't wait to see them. Take your time putting them on. I just screwed up a set I tried to put on a BMW X-5. What a pain in the ass.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:34 AM

OKAY so.

the lights finally came and let me tell you, they were a total bitch to get on. it took me 2 hours to do and they turned out shit. if you look at them from afar, they appear really nice and good looking, but up close reveals serious air bubbles, creases, and other things that were total unavoidable. Lamin-x pre cut the tints, and they do fit, but the cut doesn't account for curves in the lights, and bulges like on the side of the lancer tail lights.

Smoked Lights, Vortex Generator, Red Mitsu Logos, XXR 522 18x9.5 et38, Falken fk452 235/40/18, Rally Armor Mudflaps, UR Cat Back, UR High Flow Cat, UR Downpipe, Ur UICP, AMS Intercooler, Defi Racer Boost Gauge, Defi Racer Oil Temperature Gauge, Eibach Sportlines, Rexpeed CF Hood Dampers, Rexpeed A-Pillar Gauge Pod, Rexpeed CF Duckbill Lip Spoiler
Old 06-19-2010, 08:37 AM

as you can see, from a distance, they look pretty good, and almost as if it were a spray job. but when you look closer, you can see what a mess they are.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00675.jpg (85.6 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00676.jpg (91.8 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00678.jpg (58.4 KB, 58 views)

Old 06-19-2010, 08:41 AM

so, my conclusion is this,

i bought these because i wanted a reversible option to spraying my lights. i wanted to be able to take them off if i didnt like the look, and i knew if i got them sprayed, it would be permanent. I mean, if you can deal with the bubbles you see up close, than sure go ahead, it was only 50 bucks. im just going to cut my losses, and get mine sprayed. if you are a perfectionist like i am, you wont be able to stand these covers, get your lights sprayed, its easier, and way more visually appealing.

One more thing. if you do decide to get these covers, make sure when you are installing them to use a hairdryer to heat up the film to a malleable state to stretch around bulges and curves of the lights

Old 07-13-2010, 07:35 PM

alright i wasnt satisfied with the lamin x tints, so i went out and bought nht nightshades (if i can remember correctly) ive done half the job and it looks great, ill post pics when done

Old 07-27-2010, 05:09 PM

Default laminx

i sware by laminx. i had them on my bmw tails and just applied them on my RA tails, came out perfect, no bubbles and no creases. the key is stretching the film over curved areas and cutting away the excess. and of course a heat gun (blow dryer) to make the film malleable. vht nightshades wear away with time and you need to reapply, not to mention the need for clearcoats as well if you want a lasting finish. the laminx i had for 3 years on the e46 never faded
Old 07-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46byeRAhi View Post
i sware by laminx. i had them on my bmw tails and just applied them on my RA tails, came out perfect, no bubbles and no creases. the key is stretching the film over curved areas and cutting away the excess. and of course a heat gun (blow dryer) to make the film malleable. vht nightshades wear away with time and you need to reapply, not to mention the need for clearcoats as well if you want a lasting finish. the laminx i had for 3 years on the e46 never faded
Any pics?? looks good on the Avatar. I was gonna do my headlights & fog lights..
Old 08-17-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZL View Post
Any pics?? looks good on the Avatar. I was gonna do my headlights & fog lights..
http://clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=728

i thought about headlights too, but i would rather blackout the interior chrome trim when I do TSX retrofit down the line. whenever the $ for that rolls around hah.