ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 01-22-2013, 10:41 AM

52,000km and my car is still running strong. (2009 Ralliart). Plus I autocross with it. every 3k-5k km i change my oil. So, We will see when i hit 60k-70k if i need a new timing chain or transmission.

I might as well just sell the thing before I get there and get a evo MR.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:43 AM

I have an 09 and this kinda makes me wish I had a newer model. Oh well, that just means I have to take even better care of mine lol.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBrake View Post
Good point. The Recaros are still available in Canadian models, but I recall hearing they were gone in the USA as of 2012.
Recaro seats were gone even before 2012 in the US models.

Also, I know the '09 model doesn't have some of the options in the Ralliart Touring Package...i.e. this stuff:

Quote:
Leather Seating Surfaces
710-Watt (Max) Rockford-Fosgateฎ Punch Premium Sound System including 10” Subwoofer
6CD/MP3 In-Dash Head Unit
Bi-Xenon HID Headlamps
Rain Sensing Wipers
Auto On/Off Headlamp Control
Heated front seats
Power Glass Sunroof
Auto Dimming Rear-view Mirror w/ Rear-view Camera System
Rear Lip Spoiler (replaces rear wing spoiler)
Old 01-22-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBrake View Post
To be honest guys (and gals, if there are any still on here), I wouldn't be looking into this if the math didn't make this a better deal than I currently have now.

The first model year of any car almost always has the longest list of 'bugs'

The improvements appear to be incremental from '10 to '12, and remained the same from '12 to '13.
This would be absolutely correct. The only options that my RA didn't come with was the Navigation and Recaro's. I even got the stupid LED footwell lights... Could have got them but didn't feel like paying an extra 5 grand.

I actually contacted a tech friend at my dealership and he verified that the '12 and '13 models are exactly the same in every way. They have all applicable TSB's performed and revisions have been incorporated. The only way you could have got an "inferior" '12 model is if it was built in '11 but even then the dealer would have had to perform the TSB's to bring it up to par before sale. Unless you've got a seriously crooked dealer.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:57 PM

:-( 2012 ralliart bought December 2011
Old 01-22-2013, 11:11 PM

Well that makes me feel better than the '12s are the same as the '13s lol I was about to say "DAMMIT, I shoulda waited!" lol

UR FMIC • UR LICP • UR UICP • UR CBE w/ Resonator & Mini Muffler • Evo X BOV • K&N SRI
Flossy Shift Knob • Blue LED Interior Lights • Blue LED City Lights • Blue LED License Plate Lights
Custom Retrofitted Projectors • Depo Smoked LED Tails • Black w/ Blue Metalizer Plastidip Rims
Debadged Mitsubishi, Lancer, & Ralliart from Trunk • RA Mudflaps • Blue High Beam Bulbs
Plastidip Chrome Ring, Mitsu Emblems, Hood Scoop, Side Markers, Window Trim, 3rd Brake Light & Rear Reflectors
Old 01-24-2013, 07:10 PM

I'm with Crak, I plan to run the crap out of mine. Whatever breaks, fix it and make it lighter-faster-stronger, but if I get another Ralliart it would be of the EVO MR Flavor.

MODS/tasks:

[x] Evo X Intercooler, UICP, & LICP Installed
[x] Tinted Side Blinkers
[x] Deleted Rear Head Rests
[x] GST Base Map w/ Boost Pill
[x] Rattleproof Rear Deck

FUTURE MODS/tasks:

[ ] Lighten Crash Bars
[ ] Seal Fan Shroud
[ ] Wire Tuck Intake Wiring
[ ] Custom lower engine bay cover
Old 01-24-2013, 10:07 PM

We just went from a 2009 to a 2013 here for the shop car. Still silver. From top of the line sunroof everything with HIDs and Recaros to mostly base model. Got the Bluetoof/phone/stereo controls though.

The Bluetooth system is a couple years ahead it seems like. It stays better connected to the phone. Sound isnt all that great on the other end though. But Bluetooth as an option for listening to the smart phone for Pandora etc is much better than the old line in option.

I dont miss the navi deck. That was for shit, especially for what they wont for it. I do miss the base and will try to figger out how to work the sub back in.

I miss the HIDs, seems like the old HIDs might bolt and plug in though.

I had to put the Recaros from the old car in right away. I can hardly stand the stock seats on the dyno let alone for driving. Air bag light is on, need to get to the bottom of that.

There is this extra rear door bracket brace in the rear door jamb that the 09 didnt have. Some extra side impact protection showed up along the way there somewhere.

Mostly I miss the power. Got a pile of parts to slowly put on the new car as it gets some miles on it.

Mike W
Old 01-25-2013, 10:03 AM

Thanks for the info Mike, much appreciated!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

i should trade in for 2013 too with hid and recaros. much more refined interior. depends on the trade in price difference...