ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 06-06-2013, 11:14 AM

Default Sway bars an struts

Just got a Ralliart 2 weeks ago, an eclipse driver normally so this whole 4 wheel drive is new. i autocross just trying to get a good handling setup for this to

(being front wheel drive i only replaced my rear sway bar on the eclipse)

is it worth replacing Both sway bars on the ralliart?
and also getting a new front upper strut and getting a rear strut
Old 06-07-2013, 08:29 AM

Thats your call. Especially for autocross. Depends on your driving technique. do you over or understeer alot? if you oversteer then a stiff rear is what you want. Then again, you should know this since your an autox driver
Old 06-09-2013, 09:47 AM

well i guess my main question is. are the aftermarket sway bars worth buying and do they make a difference compared to the stockones?
Old 06-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Regional Moderator

Yeah, sway bars help, but just assume you're not gonna be working the susp in the same directions as RWD cars, we need alot more body roll to keep the AWD functioning, so slamming AWd is out, also this car had about the biggest(worst) change in steering geometry I've ever dealt with., even a little drop, cuts your ability to steer way down, so they make a white line kit to fix that if you wanna lower it., I have it,but uninstalled. So no ops yet.. I hear it's good.

You can also try adjustable end links as a starter, they do alot for the price and ease of install..

My pers op, by good springs, great shocks(not sure if we have em?) a RSb and all the end links.. That's about the same cost as coils and will give you great adjustibility just no ride height adj.. Which I generally find useless. Unless you have alot of free time.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikeforce View Post
well i guess my main question is. are the aftermarket sway bars worth buying and do they make a difference compared to the stockones?
Stay stock
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 06-10-2013, 10:14 AM

I have coil overs and new rear and front strut bars my car hadles way better then the stock springs. i Have heard that the aftermarket adjustable rear sway bar is all you need plus some sort of rear differential bushing kit which helps to tighten up the cars overall handling. Prayfully this help.
Injen SRI, UR UICP & LICP, UR 4.5 IC, COBB AP custome stg 2 tune, 3in TBE, Whiteline front strut bar, RRM rear strut bar, tint, roof spoiler, 2.5 turbo compressor outlet pipe, AMS BOV, AMS Boost Pill, TWE Catch Can, Megan Racing Coil Overs

Future Engine and Tranny Mods:
Water Meth Kit
SSP Oil Cooler
Fan for Stock Trans Cooler w/ washable filter

Future Suspension Mods:
Sway Bars
Rear Diff Bushing Kit
Cusco 4 or 5 pt Brace
Front Cross Member
Old 06-10-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markspd6 View Post
You can also try adjustable end links as a starter, they do alot for the price and ease of install..
Noob question here. Did a google search on adjustable end links and they are used to remove preload or used in conjunction with adjustable bars or with lowered suspension.

I am wondering if there is much benefit to use those end links for people with stock suspension.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Regional Moderator

Actually they have about the same effectiveness as the adjustibility points on the RSB(slightly less amount) but they can be used to tighten or relax the bar, most people only think of stiffening, but at it's lowest point they're weaker than stock, then you adjust as needed..

And I think we use the EVO fronts on our rears, haven't got the fronts for ours yet, but I'm sure I will.. They'll be super long..

My point was mainly, buying height adjustable coils is silly if you know you only want a single ride height, and you don't plan on adjusting em much.. They're pretty useless, and you can get a good setup for about the same.. Just don't know what good shocks we have?

Last edited by Markspd6; 06-11-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:50 PM

Hey there

I don't autocross or anything like that. But I have coil overs and both front and rear sway bars.

I think it's way better, you have much more control and grip. I did all the combinations. First just coilovers, then the sway bars, then bigger wheels/better tires.

It's a lot more fun to drive because it changes direction so quickly and a lot less arm work trying to wrestle the car onto an apex. You don't need to brake as hard either.

That's my 2 cents any way.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:40 AM

If you have Understeer, which is the case stock, you get a rear sway bar to INCREASE oversteer.

Markspd6, as always, has a lot of good stuff you should pay attention to in this thread. Mark, It's called "Bump Steer", Under bump, your geometry goes on vacation.. http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Know...bumpsteer1.jpg

I wish we had strut options(performance/shortened) for our cars, but as of my last search, we do not. The only real long game option is coil over kits. If I were to, I would make sure the inserts were a widely available size!

Oh.. and I'm too busy right now setting up a RWD e30 for AutoX. I plan on removing the rear bar for this setup. Why? I need grip, and to keep both rear wheels on the ground, putting power down, as much as I can in ~60 seconds.

Only a few years ago in SCCA Stock Solo you were only allowed to change the front bar. It was always recommended to run a stiffer front, even if on a pushy, understeering AWD car. It will snap into an understeer situation faster, but the limit at which that will happen has increased enough to make a difference in a ~60 lap. It's an on going tweaking to find a balance that's never perfect.

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV