ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 PM

Default Looking to buy a Ralliart any advice?

Hello I'm Nathan and I'm looking into buying a used Ralliart and would like to know about any advice/experiences with the car.

I live in North Dakota, where there are some pretty harsh winters and would like to hear about the handling and reliability in colder climates. Such as, does the car have any issues with below zero temperatures?

I found a 2011 Sportback with 12,000 miles for $25,400 and was also wondering if there are any noticeable differences between the Sportback and Sedan, other than the looks, weight and space. I prefer the looks of the Sedan, but if one handles/performs better I may reconsider.

Also, what are the sort of questions I should ask when buying a used Ralliart?

Thanks for your time.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:28 PM

Service records. Service records. Service records!

Also check for any modifications done to the car. For sure consider bringing that price down also. Yes, it's a 2011 but you could probably score a brand new 2012 left on the lot when the 2013's came out for that price or less. Also check into extended warranty. Also ask the dealership if the car came into the dealership with any modifications on it or if it was bone stock. You could get into questions that go on for days, but another good idea is to ask to borrow the car to have an outside "trusted by you" mechanic check the car out and ensure everything is sound. Yes, you'll get the rest of that Mitsu warranty, but ask anyone around here. It's not worth the paper it's printed on.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:07 PM

You can put bigger rims and tires on the sportback. thats about the only difference that i know of.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:59 PM

Thanks for the advice, I don't plan on buying anything modified and will ask for the service records. I also don't intend to put bigger rims and tires on the car.

Have there been any major changes/fixes since the 2009 Ralliart?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:34 PM

First thing to check is whether the gearbox has been serviced properly. 2011's don't really have many problems AFAIK but my 2009 needed a new one, and you certainly don't want to be out of warranty on that.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExile View Post
Thanks for the advice, I don't plan on buying anything modified and will ask for the service records. I also don't intend to put bigger rims and tires on the car.

Have there been any major changes/fixes since the 2009 Ralliart?
There's been some cosmetic changes since 2009--added some options, discontinued some options.

As far as parts under the hood and such, I think most of us have heard at least one rumor or another (e.g. fixes for transmission related issues) but unless I'm mistaken I don't believe they have officially made any changes.

It hasn't snowed much here the past couple winters, so I don't have much snow experience to speak of, but for what it's worth I haven't had serious issues yet.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:51 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to bertybrate

just get a new one, i paid 25k for a 2013 ra
Old 01-31-2013, 03:17 PM

If you are set on a Sportback, then you are stuck with that price. They are getting rare. But for $25k you could buy a new 2013 sedan in California.

I like the functionality of the Sportback, kind of meh on the look though.

Mike W
Old 01-31-2013, 03:24 PM
Regional Moderator

Agreed... I got one after driving mikes!! I'm not a huge sport back fan, but for the money. Unless you need a wagon? I'd just go to south coast and get a new sedan.. Mine was $23k new plus tax, reg etc.. Prob $27k out the door..

Last edited by Markspd6; 01-31-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:52 PM

Thanks for the replies, I actually am not much for the look of the sportback, however ralliarts aren't going up for sale much around here.

I also don't think I'd have a chance to get down to California, so I'm either limited to North Dakota or Denver since I know someone there.

Do any of you have any regrets from buying a ralliart over other cars in its class?