ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 04-16-2013, 09:40 AM

Default Tactrix flashing and Mapping?

Hello all! I have had my 2012 Ralliart since august (2012). I have become to accustomed to its power and am craving more! . The only thing I want to do for now is to be able to Log/record my Stock RA before I do any tuning so I can compare it to after the tune. I am planning on using the GST basemaps in the future. I am currently Stock with the exception of a AEM Boost gauge and a metal Evo BOV & drop in purolator air filter.

Now for my question: If I buy the Tactrix cable and Evo scan, Ecu flash, Can I just log without tuning? I guess what I want is to do is to be able to log this without tune so if somthing looks funny I can take it to the dealer before my warrenty is shot down by a flash. Does this work? I would appreciate all/any help from you tuning gods!

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2013, 01:47 PM

you can't log the stock tune as is, unless you modify the map to enable mode 23 logging. This means you can access the data coming out of it to monitor rpm, knock, boost, etc. If you plug into a stock car without logging enabled it's just gibberish and no info.

So, I guess you can log it, it just isn't exactly plug in and go. Before you tune, click "read from ECU" and save the stock map in a zillion places, preferably in an email or something so it will never get deleted or lost. This way you can re flash it if you need to be back to stock.

Can someone chime in with the steps of how to enable logging on the stock map?

2010 rg sportback

Last edited by skills; 04-16-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:03 PM

Yep you have to enable Mode 23 on your ROM and of course make sure you have the correct definition for your ROM.

Richard helped me with this ages ago. All I found was the stock tune was really crap and knocked all the time. Went back to the GST maps and it was all good.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:26 PM

OK, does anyone or has anyone ever "tuned" their RA using GST then re-flashed it back to stock to have warranty work done?

I guess I am just hesitant to do this if it will for sure void my warranty. I know Cobb says that their product "theoretically" is undetectable but I don't know how much I believe that. Plus the GST seems to be better for what I want to do with my car.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cetme View Post
OK, does anyone or has anyone ever "tuned" their RA using GST then re-flashed it back to stock to have warranty work done?

I guess I am just hesitant to do this if it will for sure void my warranty. I know Cobb says that their product "theoretically" is undetectable but I don't know how much I believe that. Plus the GST seems to be better for what I want to do with my car.

Yup, tuned with GST, transmission broke (unrelated to GST.. pre existing problems), flashed to stock, got transmission replaced under warranty. but of course, you must accept any and all risk.

2010 rg sportback
Old 04-16-2013, 06:42 PM

Yea I know it will be a risk either way but I am glad to hear from your first hand experience that someone has at least had success doing this! Your input means a lot to me thank you . That means that I will need to start increasing my knowledge of this process and possibly move forward with it.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Yep I did this
Old 04-16-2013, 06:48 PM

Ok now maybe a stupid question do I need a A/f Ratio Gauge to safely do a GST Base Map? All I have right now is a Boost gauge...
Old 04-16-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Yea I know it will be a risk either way but I am glad to hear from your first hand experience that someone has at least had success doing this! Your input means a lot to me thank you . That means that I will need to start increasing my knowledge of this process and possibly move forward with it.

No problem... Yeah the tune is awesome. Transmission feels better... pull feels better... way better than stock. Though there definitely are risks, do a forum search by my user name and you'll see my bad experiences. Though, I'm sure my experience is isolated and I don't want to scare you... but just be aware of the possibilities.

Good luck!

2010 rg sportback
Old 04-16-2013, 06:54 PM

Thanks I shall look at your experience!