ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 04-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofly1990 View Post
also injen was saying something about how their intakes come tuned and if u i put the evo x intake on the ra it might not work right...im gettting a custom tune done anyway so should it matter
lol intake come tuned? they're just trying to make some money off you..
How can it come tuned unless you've supplied them your ECU. or they come with Tuned ECU along with Intake. This is funny when sales people trying to tell you anything to make the sale.

Anytime you mod you RA or Evo X you should/must Custom tuned for AFR which is heart beat of our engine. From what I've read intake mod with stock RA FMIC wont make more power. Just hot air which will cause the engine to knock & custom tune will adjust AFR to get rid of the knock & you're back to where you've started.

I would save money on Intake until bigger Turbo & FMIC, after that you'll be saving money for TC-SST upgrade. MONEY & more money. But you should if you really want to spend that kind of money buy all your parts first & have it installed all at the same time & tuned, save you money on tune with every upgrade.

Be Careful about RA FMIC & EVO UICP with "longer hose" I've heard from a friend his ICP keep popping off. dont just go to hard ware store & expect it to hold up under boost.

Last edited by MTZL; 04-14-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:14 AM

yea im not planning on putting it on yet..just want to purchase it since im getting a good deal..and it looks really good..i will end up getting biger fmic with piping soon...but i just need to know if i can deffinatly swap out my stock intake for this evo short ram intak
Old 04-20-2010, 07:10 PM

I wouldnt feed into the injen pretuned intake. On Evolutionm there has been alot of discussion about this, and people tested afr with the so called pre tuned intake on different RAs and diff mods, no bueno. Either way, you can never go wrong getting a tune after intake.