ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 07-27-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Torque the drain plugs to spec and plastic oil filter housing by hand.
Make sure you screw it far enough that retention plastic tab engages to prevent it from backing off.

Leave engine bottom tray off.

Give bottom of trans and surrounding area a quick wipe down with varsol or another solvent. This will give you a clean grease free surface.
Take car for a quick ride min. 10 minutes or longer then check for leaks etc. then replace engine tray after your satisfied there are no leaks.
When I change my engine oil, I dont use torque wrench at all for my drain plug..will that be an issue?
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 07-27-2013, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

Ok guys im going to say it again. It is 7.5 Liters with stock cooler. 7.5 Liters is actually in the SST fluid capacity table in owner manual.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2013-07-27 22.28.14.png (307.4 KB, 21 views)
Old 07-28-2013, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZL View Post
Ok guys im going to say it again. It is 7.5 Liters with stock cooler. 7.5 Liters is actually in the SST fluid capacity table in owner manual.
7.5 capacity does not mean we actually put in 7.5 its whatever we catch in the pans from the drainage correct?
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 07-28-2013, 01:06 AM

I think you have asked all the questions in regards to this oil change and then some. By continuing to ask more questions, you will get more answers which are going to confuse you and make you ask even more questions. LOL!

You have all the answers, and I understand you are nervous. I suggest you do this with someone a friend or relative that has some automotive experience just to be there for you.

Make sure you do the work, as you go through the steps needed you will see and understand better what everyone has been talking about. After your going to be like, wow that was easy. I stressed out about nothing. Now you will have the confidence to take on more things you may have wanted to do on your car. You will feel a sense of pride having done it yourself and saved some money in the process.

Just work safe and have fun. If for some reason you get stressed out during the process, take a break, grab a drink, go chat with a friend etc. The car will still be there when you get back.

Last edited by Jackal; 07-30-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
I think you have asked all the questions in regards to this oil change and then some. By continuing to ask more questions, you will get more answers which are going to confuse you and make you ask even more questions. LOL!

You have all the answers, and I understand you are nervous. I suggest you do this with someone a friend or relative that has some automotive experience just to be there for you.

Make sure you do the work, as you go through the steps needed you will see and understand better what everyone has been talking about. After your going to be like, wow that was easy. I stressed out about nothing. Now you will have the confidence to take more things you may have wanted to do on your car. You will feel a sense of pride having done it yourself and saved some money in the process.

Just work safe and have fun. If for some reason you get stressed out during the process, take a break, grab a drink, go chat with a friend etc. The car will still be there when you get back.
True statement!

Tuned by TJ
Old 07-29-2013, 03:56 PM

Just called my local dealership and I almost shit my pants when I found out my dealership charges only $142.79 for "2 gallons" of Diaqueen sstf1 I couldnt believe it had to ask them 3 times lmao. Other mitsu dealership in different county charges $162.53 for just 1 gallon. Is this a miracle or what lol.

Tuned by TJ
Old 08-02-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iralli_iskustvo View Post
Just called my local dealership and I almost shit my pants when I found out my dealership charges only $142.79 for "2 gallons" of Diaqueen sstf1 I couldnt believe it had to ask them 3 times lmao. Other mitsu dealership in different county charges $162.53 for just 1 gallon. Is this a miracle or what lol.
I traced our Diaqueen fluid back to the base and found this: http://www.blauparts.com/proddetail....od=J1D2111-12B.

Diaqueen is made from a single source of fluid distributed to many company. If you look down the page our stuff, along with VW and other SST trannys, are made by a single company. I bought a box of 12 for around $120 and found the filter on ebay for $80. Changed the oil around 4k miles ago and haven't had a problem yet! Take that dealerships!!

P.s. I just threw in an even 8L and it did not "top off". Everythings good.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucknut32 View Post
I traced our Diaqueen fluid back to the base and found this: http://www.blauparts.com/proddetail....od=J1D2111-12B.

Diaqueen is made from a single source of fluid distributed to many company. If you look down the page our stuff, along with VW and other SST trannys, are made by a single company. I bought a box of 12 for around $120 and found the filter on ebay for $80. Changed the oil around 4k miles ago and haven't had a problem yet! Take that dealerships!!

Interesting.

Tuned by TJ
Old 12-09-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucknut32 View Post

yup yup, i put the VW DSG stuff. 20k miles later still no problem
Old 12-10-2013, 08:35 AM

I was running the FFL2 fluid for about 12k miles. The shifts in manual sport and normal we're getting very very jerky. Changed back to Diaqueen SSTFI and the shifts are butter

Btw, I purchased the Diaqueen from AWD Motorsports in Florida. They are great guys!
Ultimate Racing TBE
Ultimate Racing U/LICP
Grimmspeed EBC
Tuned by Kaizen