ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart General
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2014, 12:44 PM

Default ACD Pump issue!

Something funny going on with my ACD pump reservoir. Its making a weird sucking/screeching sound and its definitely coming from ACD pump reservoir as I checked the trunk and verified that it is. ACD pump reservoir fluid is at the max.

Any ideas and suggestions are welcomed.

Here are some audio of the sound coming from the ACD pump reservoir:

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=253786
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 09-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Regional Moderator

Bummer man, these cars complex creatures, with lots of little issues.. There's a link somewhere for getting these rebuilt, and i think there was one for sale on x forums, but both options are pretty costly..

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:35 PM

Can you keep an eye out for used fairly priced ACD pump?
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 09-10-2014, 12:08 PM

So I decided to take the car to the stealership to check whats exactly is wrong with the ACD pump. After 2 hours of waiting and praying that the warranty would cover the ACD pump etc, technician comes up to me with a piece of paper telling me it is your ACD pump and its dead/broken. He goes on telling me it will cost $1200 for the part and additional $200 for the labor. Than he proceeds to explain me what warranty covers and what it doesn't cover. Thats when I started to get worried that the warranty wont cover this issue. He says something about it wont be covered or I might of misunderstood him at first but than he says they called Mitsubishi and we will go ahead honor the warranty work on the ACD pump free of charge! I wanted to jump up high in the air and say YESSSSSS!!! But instead I kept calm and didnt show them my excitement! Thank you God! Part will come friday.

Tuned by TJ

Last edited by iralli_iskustvo; 09-10-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:16 PM
Administrator

wow congrats. glad they're covering the pump.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky View Post
wow congrats. glad they're covering the pump.
Thanks Macky, technician made it seem that my warranty technically doesnt warrant the acd pump issue but they covered it anyway. I could be wrong about warranty covering pump. Either way I feel relieved and now can relax and not worry about this issue. Now I am wondering, will they replace the old LSD gear oil from the rear diff and transfer case in the car when installing new pump? I am assuming they have to since the pump will be replaced. Not sure though. Also I am wondering will I have new warranty on the new pump? I hope so. Anyone know about this?

Tuned by TJ

Last edited by iralli_iskustvo; 09-10-2014 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:12 PM
Regional Moderator

This has been covered elsewhere. But, basically mitsu does not consider this part of the engine or drivetrain, its been called a "luxury item" on other forums where guys have had this same issue. So this is normally only covered by the first part of the warranty that expires at 36k or whatever.. Pretty much BS IMO, but since the car still runs, they figure its all good.. Glad you got it covered, cuz ive never seen a cheap one for sale yet..

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Administrator

yeah I never really understood why the pump isnt covered under the powertrain warranty but just the 36k basic. i mean if its dead the car cant run, so it is technically part of the powertrain right? the brakes i can understand, but this pump is a critical part, like the transmission and engine.

there should be a list that itemizes everything that is considered under what "powertain" is under warranty coverage.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markspd6 View Post
This has been covered elsewhere. But, basically mitsu does not consider this part of the engine or drivetrain, its been called a "luxury item" on other forums where guys have had this same issue. So this is normally only covered by the first part of the warranty that expires at 36k or whatever.. Pretty much BS IMO, but since the car still runs, they figure its all good.. Glad you got it covered, cuz ive never seen a cheap one for sale yet..
Definitely BS tactic by Mitsu to deny warranty work for people with the pump failure. I feel ACD pump is just as important than anything else that makes the wheel move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky View Post
yeah I never really understood why the pump isnt covered under the powertrain warranty but just the 36k basic. i mean if its dead the car cant run, so it is technically part of the powertrain right? the brakes i can understand, but this pump is a critical part, like the transmission and engine.
there should be a list that itemizes everything that is considered under what "powertain" is under warranty coverage.
I agree!

Tuned by TJ
Old 09-16-2014, 10:24 AM

My acd pump part was back ordered from warehouse in Atlanta and wont get to my dealership til next week.

I am wondering if the dealership would change out the old fluid in the transfer case and diff?

Tuned by TJ