ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 09-13-2011, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkid View Post
A lot of people remove the plate covering the second vent but I left it on for this same reason. It could actually direct the air in a more efficient way by leaving that one blocked... or maybe Mitsubishi covered it just so the engine cover would stay clean when it rained. lol. I personally want someone to do some kind of test to decide once and for all if taking that plate off actually helps or not. It would be very hard to test though
I think most people remove the plate and open both vents completely just to dissipate the heat under the hood, I can't see how effective they would be at taking in cooler air since the vents point the opposite direction. However, I can maybe see the scoop up towards the window being effective if you were to raise it up a bit like the Rexpeed carbon hood scoop and open up the plate underneath it more.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:15 AM

Agreed.

Given the position and direction or angle of the front two vents, they are for heat release, not for intake of cool air.

That said, I will be re-inserting the metal plates between the vents and the hood come winter.

Last edited by TrailBrake; 09-14-2011 at 07:13 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:28 PM

Now that some time has passed and I'm sure there are some people with 2010 s that changed there fluid can anyone confirm how much fluid was in there
Old 04-01-2013, 03:12 PM

I recently changed the SST fluid on my car and have helped 2 our people change their fluid at my garage and results have been between 5.6 and 6.5 litres. Keep in mind we had the car on jack stands so front end of car was raised and back wheels stayed on the concrete. It also depends it you bother draining the cooler and lines etc. I believe the dealership is afraid of over filling the transmission and errors on the less is more way of thinking.

Last edited by Jackal; 04-03-2013 at 05:16 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:58 PM

Did any of them happen to be a 2010 with only 2 drain plugs ?
Old 04-01-2013, 10:57 PM

No actually all 3 cars were 2009 models with 3 plugs.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:06 PM

Ah ha I wonder maybe with the two drain plugs maybe less can be drained I have changed mine twice and only get around 5.8 litres and don't want to put more then that in without confirming its low
Old 04-02-2013, 04:29 PM

No sounds like your pretty much right on the money. My car was 6.5 litres but that was with draining the stock cooler and hoses since I was upgrading to the bigger AMS unit so we added .5 litres as per the AMS directions so 7 litres went back in.
Second car I did was just under 6 liter but we figured with the residue in the drain pan and a few drops on the floor we just called it 6 but owner wanted to add .5 liter more.

Third car I helped with was also a little under 6 but once again this owner added a little more than a half litre extra. I believe we put approx. 6.4 litres

All 3 cars have been driving around 1 to 6 weeks with no issues what so ever.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
No sounds like your pretty much right on the money. My car was 6.5 litres but that was with draining the stock cooler and hoses since I was upgrading to the bigger AMS unit so we added .5 litres as per the AMS directions so 7 litres went back in.
Second car I did was just under 6 liter but we figured with the residue in the drain pan and a few drops on the floor we just called it 6 but owner wanted to add .5 liter more.

Third car I helped with was also a little under 6 but once again this owner added a little more than a half litre extra. I believe we put approx. 6.4 litres

All 3 cars have been driving around 1 to 6 weeks with no issues what so ever.
Yeah 6 to 7 is about right...when I got mine done...RRE put in 7 back in and I have no prob since January...

Phase 1
[X] Cosworth Drop-In
[X] UR Full Catback Exhaust
[X] UR Upper ICP
[X] UR Lower ICP
[X] Evo X FMIC
[X] Evo X BOV

Phase 2 - Breaks
Old 04-24-2013, 08:57 AM

Do you need to flush out the tranny system with mineral oil before refilling with new fluid?