ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 03-23-2015, 12:37 PM

Default Help me choose coils

Hello everyone, my next mod are coils and I need some assistance choosing the right set.

Tein Flex, D2, KW to name a few..
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 03-23-2015, 03:50 PM

RRE For the WIN. Perfect height, improved handling, uses your stock shocks and struts and under $300 bucks.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:44 PM

Im a research maniac but dont own a ralliart so dont have any experience with any of these. But if u wajt springs it would have to be swift or rre. Both work with stock struts and way better spring rates. But I see you named a bunch cool overs. I think when I get my ralliart I'm going with fortune 500 auto coil overs. Fully adjustable you can upgrade them to swift springs, they dyno test and time every sock and give a 5 year warranty and also can be sent in for rebuilding if want to upgrade to a 2 way with spyware reservoir.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
RRE For the WIN. Perfect height, improved handling, uses your stock shocks and struts and under $300 bucks.
Thanks for the input but I am specifically looking to buy coilovers not lowering springs. Lowering springs will destroy our suspension in a long run one of the reasons why I am staying away from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillwill007 View Post
Im a research maniac but dont own a ralliart so dont have any experience with any of these. But if u wajt springs it would have to be swift or rre. Both work with stock struts and way better spring rates. But I see you named a bunch cool overs. I think when I get my ralliart I'm going with fortune 500 auto coil overs. Fully adjustable you can upgrade them to swift springs, they dyno test and time every sock and give a 5 year warranty and also can be sent in for rebuilding if want to upgrade to a 2 way with spyware reservoir.
Thanks for the input. Looking strictly for coilovers. I always hear good things about fortune 500 coils.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 03-24-2015, 12:44 PM

I have experience with a few. KW are what I use on my car.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
I remember these springs performing like absolute garbage.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA View Post
I have experience with a few. KW are what I use on my car.
I do like KW's. What about Megan Racing coilovers?

Tuned by TJ
Old 03-24-2015, 02:44 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by iralli_iskustvo View Post
I do like KW's. What about Megan Racing coilovers?
Megan - imho, best bang for your buck coilover, esp if you arent tracking or auto-xing

z
e
R
e
p
Old 03-24-2015, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeRep85 View Post
Megan - imho, best bang for your buck coilover, esp if you arent tracking or auto-xing

z
e
R
e
p
Did you had them on your RA? Pics?

Tuned by TJ
Old 03-24-2015, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA View Post
I remember these springs performing like absolute garbage.
What version did you have?
I have version 2 and they have cut my time attack lap times by over a second and a half.
Best purchase I have made so far, Love look, perfect height to still handle all the pot holes and speed bumps.

Coil overs are just too much B.S.
You don't need them on the street and most people don't know how to set them up properly for what they do at the track. Sorry just a waste of time and money in my opinion. Mostly bought by Ricers and Posers if you ask me.