ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 04-10-2012, 05:52 AM

Default Hey Everyone

Hello all,

I picked up my 2011 TB Ralliart back in August of last year and have been bouncing around evoM for a bit until I came across a link to here. Seems much more focused than over there and def car specific.

I am located in Rockland County, New York and have been enjoying the car through the winding roads around here. Ive done some minor stuff to her for now due to the fact that it is also my first season in autoX and I want to class her stock. I slapped on some rally armor and tints as well as hids and yellow fogs. Also went plastidip crazy (as Im sure most of you have as well).

I will post up pics of her later but just wanted to introduce myself and start contributing. I will also be posting a thread on my focus on AutoX and build from there.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to discussing a pretty awesome car. Cheers from NY.

Mike G.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Welcome!

Glad to see an active autox'er, I've thought about participating in it but haven't had the time nor money.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:40 AM

Yea I know what you mean. I got the mod bug hard but I really want to autox (although there are still reservations considering this is my DD). I find that my desire to stay in the stock class keeps the mod bug in line. But I can always change the CBE and one sway bar and stay in stock :-)
NNJR SCCA Novice RTA
Old 04-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoX_Ralliart View Post
Yea I know what you mean. I got the mod bug hard but I really want to autox (although there are still reservations considering this is my DD). I find that my desire to stay in the stock class keeps the mod bug in line. But I can always change the CBE and one sway bar and stay in stock :-)
Perfect then, add more umph in the straight sections and increase the handling with an upgraded rear swaybar, which this car badly needs.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the club fellow cone killer.

If I had to upgrade sway bar, I would opt for Front sway bar.
Once you go pedal to the metal, our car tend to skid oversteer.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZL View Post
Welcome to the club fellow cone killer.

If I had to upgrade sway bar, I would opt for Front sway bar.
Once you go pedal to the metal, our car tend to skid oversteer.
Yea Im not gonna change the sway bar just yet. I wanna find the right psi for tires first and then practice my early braking to set up the late apex through corners first. As of right now I figured the best bang for the buck would just continually get out there and learn the car in an out before tweaking. Ima give a more detail explanation in a autox thread ill start once I get outta work. Thanks for the advice.
NNJR SCCA Novice RTA
Old 04-10-2012, 02:57 PM

NNJR SCCA Novice RTA
Old 04-10-2012, 03:00 PM

Pic of my car at the 2011 East Coast MOD last year in Camden NJ

And the drive down I took with TriStateEvo

NNJR SCCA Novice RTA

Last edited by AutoX_Ralliart; 04-10-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:02 PM

Tire pressures are key, of course. Also talk to the AWD guys and see what they recommend for alignment settings. Alignment is a huge step for AWD cars. Without sway bars, I am able to induce throttle off over steer while hunting cones.

I will have to add a +1 to swapping the front sway bar first. Just as an FYI, SCCA stock class, as of this year, allows you to change one sway bar only, front or rear, but not both. Last year and previous years, they only allowed changing the front bar.

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV
Old 04-10-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAbOS View Post
Tire pressures are key, of course. Also talk to the AWD guys and see what they recommend for alignment settings. Alignment is a huge step for AWD cars. Without sway bars, I am able to induce throttle off over steer while hunting cones.

I will have to add a +1 to swapping the front sway bar first. Just as an FYI, SCCA stock class, as of this year, allows you to change one sway bar only, front or rear, but not both. Last year and previous years, they only allowed changing the front bar.
Yup, im working the tire pressures out as of right now. I started off at 40 and by the end of the day it was at 50. I was working with an instructor and he said not to worry about pressures since it was my first day ever. I am going to mess around with them next time so i can dial into the exact pressure i want. im still on the stockers for now until i strip em then gonna get ventus v12's in stock size. Once i get comfortable enough to kno my car in and out i will move out of stock and switch to 8.5in wheels with r compounds. but that most likely will come next season

Lots of ideas so little experience and money
NNJR SCCA Novice RTA

Tags
autox, newbie