ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 07-23-2014, 12:09 PM

Default 2011 RA Exhaust, help!!

Hey guys, so I have been reading up on exhaust systems for the past few weeks now. Still haven't been able to pull the trigger on a system yet because of all the mixed reviews on each system. Right now I have been looking at the CP-E catback and the UR catback. They are pretty much the same price, but I called Cpe- and they dont have the best customer service so far where as UR has the best. UR told me everything I needed to know about the system for my RA and they had the best price overall. CP-E didnt even know the tip size for the exhaust. What are you guys thoughts on catback exhaust for the RA, and which would be the best to run overall. Im looking for the loudest exhaust that will turn heads when I drive by. Drone is not an issue to be, and neither are tickets from the cops, if that makes it easier to explain which exhaust I should go for. oh and a company in town that built a evo is telling me to get the turboxs catback, but from what I have heard/read its pretty quiet. thoughts?

Any info provided is appreciated. Thank you
Old 07-23-2014, 12:54 PM
Regional Moderator

Any 3" exhaust W/o resonators will be loud. I've had several, mostly depends on how many tips you want(1/2) and how much you wanna spend, dual will be louder, all CPe products are made in China, and there main market is not evos, lots of peeps like UR, I personally do not, too many welds and no mandrel bends on their single port, DP and other parts made me nervous. The dual exit pipe looked a bit better. Honestly I'd look into any unit you can find used, as all 3" muffs will scrape the ground and look like shit quickly, if your car is lowered.

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markspd6 View Post
Any 3" exhaust W/o resonators will be loud. I've had several, mostly depends on how many tips you want(1/2) and how much you wanna spend, dual will be louder, all CPe products are made in China, and there main market is not evos, lots of peeps like UR, I personally do not, too many welds and no mandrel bends on their single port, DP and other parts made me nervous. The dual exit pipe looked a bit better. Honestly I'd look into any unit you can find used, as all 3" muffs will scrape the ground and look like shit quickly, if your car is lowered.
im looking for dual exit just like a stock ra, with 1 tip each side so 2 total. my car is not lowered. my price range is 700 for a catback. ive just heard good and bad things about both exhaust and like you said cpe is china made so eh im not really a fan. UR had amazing customer service which to me is a big deal. so what would be a good option for my ra then? borla? turboxs? buschur?
Old 07-24-2014, 06:31 AM

Just have a muffler shop make you a straight pipe catback. Shouldn't cost more than your price range.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz17 View Post
Just have a muffler shop make you a straight pipe catback. Shouldn't cost more than your price range.
but will i get performance out of that?
Old 07-24-2014, 03:29 PM

I've got the Magnaflow on mine. I didn't install it, it actually came on the car but it sounds pretty good to me. It isn't too loud or anything.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteralliart11 View Post
but will i get performance out of that?
What?.. Do you understand what an exhaust does?
Old 07-25-2014, 12:03 PM
Regional Moderator

so far, my favorite muff was the AMS single port, no longer made sorry..

but the DC dual port was pretty nice too, but its also made in china.. i ended up going custom 2.5" magnaflow, not looking for volume myself, it detracts from the stealthiness...

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.

Tags
2011, catback, exhaust, lancer, ralliart