ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 05-31-2012, 04:43 PM

Default Licp and fmic from Evo x

Hey guys, I'm new here. Found the site the other day for some modding help. Figured I'd start with the IC system. Decided to go with oem Evo x parts and found the fmic and Licp for 120 locally so Ill hang on to them so I can get a good uicp and install all together then tune it properly.

Couple questions though. I bought the car Monday do it has about 225 miles on it. Should I wait for say 1k miles before changing the IC or is it safe to do it now? Also any tips or tricks on installing the parts that I should be aware about or is it pretty straight foward? It's a 2012 RA for the record and any input is appreciated.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

With an intercooler swap, it's no big deal since it doesn't require a tune. However, if you're going with the X intercooler, you'll need the UICP as well, or just buy a full metal piece from an aftermarket vendor.

When doing the swap, the LICP is the hardest part. Attack it from every angle possible. Also, you'll notice that the zig zag plastic BPV pipe won't fit with the battery and intake snorkel in place, so check this thread from EvoM for suggestions:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/09-rall...tercooler.html
Old 05-31-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowArt View Post
Hey guys, I'm new here. Found the site the other day for some modding help. Figured I'd start with the IC system. Decided to go with oem Evo x parts and found the fmic and Licp for 120 locally so Ill hang on to them so I can get a good uicp and install all together then tune it properly.

Couple questions though. I bought the car Monday do it has about 225 miles on it. Should I wait for say 1k miles before changing the IC or is it safe to do it now? Also any tips or tricks on installing the parts that I should be aware about or is it pretty straight foward? It's a 2012 RA for the record and any input is appreciated.
u shouldnt have a problem installing now. IIRC the pipe that comes off the LICP isn't long enough to reach the silicone tubing coming off the bottom of the bpv so you'll have to get an extension some how. just a piece of aluminum tubing the same diameter as the one on the LICP and some couplers. installing is pretty straightforward. gotta remove the front bumper (check the how to section for that) and just undo the hose clamps and man-handle the shit out of that LICP
Old 05-31-2012, 06:01 PM

i just went with this for my uicp in my ralliart and been very happy with it so far https://www.lancershop.com/customer/...productid=4743
Old 05-31-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkfndr View Post
i just went with this for my uicp in my ralliart and been very happy with it so far https://www.lancershop.com/customer/...productid=4743
I'm aiming towards an aluminum because SS holds heat longer.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowArt View Post
I'm aiming towards an aluminum because SS holds heat longer.
I take that back, I guess it doesn't really matter with the uicp. My fault. I'm going to see if the local shop has any on hand for the Evo x. If not I'll grab the UR uicp.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

UICP get most of the heat from Exhaust & Turbo.
LICP is after FMIC.

Aluminum is better than SS for faster heat dissipation.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Regional Moderator

If you're worried about heat? You can wrap the LICP.. Not sure what can be done for the Uicp. I think that's why they used rubber on the oem UICP..
Old 06-01-2012, 12:43 PM

I'm not too worried ATM about the heat. With the oem Evo x IC and the stock snail turbo I should be fine. But the Licp I go doesn't have fittings. What can I use to replace them?
Old 06-01-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markspd6 View Post
If you're worried about heat? You can wrap the LICP.. Not sure what can be done for the Uicp. I think that's why they used rubber on the oem UICP..
wont help much if at all

the intercooler core is what does the cooling. there's maybe a second of travel (if that) afterwards before it's into the engine

Evo X OEM isn't that great against heatsoak either, but for the price, it's a pretty damn good budget upgrade for RA owners (while contributing to a fellow Evo owner's modding budget)