ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 03-23-2013, 11:32 PM

Default aem intake tune?

im interested in buying the AEM intake for my ralliart i already had my car tuned for dp/test pipe/ catback ams upper and lower intercooler piping and intercooler if i install this intake would i have to tune it again? or would my current tune take care of it at the time i had a hks drop in
Old 03-24-2013, 03:06 AM

Search?

Massive intake changes require a tune.

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV
Old 03-26-2013, 12:46 PM

You don't _HAVE_ to retune right away or at all for the AEM intake.

However you won't see the full potential of the intake modification until you do retune for a more free flowing air intake.
Evo X FMIC | MAP UICP | Evo X LICP | Evo X BPV | AEM Intake | AMS Boost Pill | GST Basemap Tuned by Razorlabs | RRM GRIP Springs | Oil Catch Tank | Agency Power Downpipe | Avid1 18x9 +35 Wheels | Project Kics R28 Lugs | AMS 3" Resonated Test Pipe | Ultimate Racing 3" Dual-Tip Catback | Zeitronix ZT-2 + ZR-2 Wideband/Boost gauge | Tomei Oil Cap | CF Engine Cover | CF Hood Struts | HKS Radiator Cap | Coming Soon: Evo X turbo upgrade
Old 03-27-2013, 07:29 AM

with the aem intake is there even a sound difference between that and the stock enclosed
Old 03-27-2013, 07:33 AM

No sound difference at all. Maybe if you leave the lid off, but that's about it.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:06 AM

+1 to above.

The only thing I find super annoying about the AEM intake is the stupid little "Filter Minder". Mine doesn't seem to function all that great and it always pops to "Clean your filter" after about 50 miles of driving on a brand new filter.

Other than that, I'm really liking the thicker walls of the box preventing some of the heat soak to the filter element associated with turbo cars. Keeping the IAT's down as much as possible with a protected from the elements filter is a nice addition IMO.
Evo X FMIC | MAP UICP | Evo X LICP | Evo X BPV | AEM Intake | AMS Boost Pill | GST Basemap Tuned by Razorlabs | RRM GRIP Springs | Oil Catch Tank | Agency Power Downpipe | Avid1 18x9 +35 Wheels | Project Kics R28 Lugs | AMS 3" Resonated Test Pipe | Ultimate Racing 3" Dual-Tip Catback | Zeitronix ZT-2 + ZR-2 Wideband/Boost gauge | Tomei Oil Cap | CF Engine Cover | CF Hood Struts | HKS Radiator Cap | Coming Soon: Evo X turbo upgrade
Old 03-27-2013, 01:41 PM

thanks for the info guys i got to decide if i want it now did u notice any power gains
Old 03-27-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deprydation View Post
+1 to above.

The only thing I find super annoying about the AEM intake is the stupid little "Filter Minder". Mine doesn't seem to function all that great and it always pops to "Clean your filter" after about 50 miles of driving on a brand new filter.

Other than that, I'm really liking the thicker walls of the box preventing some of the heat soak to the filter element associated with turbo cars. Keeping the IAT's down as much as possible with a protected from the elements filter is a nice addition IMO.
Yours too? I thought it was just mine that did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewRA View Post
thanks for the info guys i got to decide if i want it now did u notice any power gains
Power gains, absolutely. I should note that I got the tune immediately after install though. The intake does flow more than the stock turbo can handle, so at that point it's all up to the snail since it isn't starved for air anymore (not that it was that starved with the stock intake).
Old 08-17-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deprydation View Post
+1 to above.

did you end up figuring it out why that gauge not functioning properly with you? because I have the same problem too!
Old 08-17-2015, 08:03 AM

I had the AEM intake on my car about a year before my big turbo upgrade.

I initially had the same problem, some troubleshooting with a bottle of soapy water helped me find a few leaks. I was sucking in air at a couple places past the MAF sensor. The plastic fitting that came with the kit had also cracked parallel with the plastic threads. I replaced with a brass piece. Ended up re installing it from scratch, just taking a little more time as I went. Needle stayed in the green after that and fuel economy increased slightly as now all the air was actually being read by the MAF sensor.