ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 06-28-2010, 09:10 AM

Default i need reassurance :p

hey guys i just wanted to ask a couple questions about my car because i havent had it long, and im still in that really nervous stage that whatever i do in my car is going to harm it etc.

every once in a while on an open road ill put my foot to the floor and let the car accelerate hard, and then when i let off, the revs stay reallllllly high for a couple seconds then come back down. is this bad for the car?

and also say im stopped at a stop sign, and decide to floor it, is it bad to put the peddle right to the floor? i mean , the car is really slow in first gear mainly due to the turbo lag, and im not launching the car, so is this harmful?

i just need some reassurance because i hate the guilt feeling haha

Smoked Lights, Vortex Generator, Red Mitsu Logos, XXR 522 18x9.5 et38, Falken fk452 235/40/18, Rally Armor Mudflaps, UR Cat Back, UR High Flow Cat, UR Downpipe, Ur UICP, AMS Intercooler, Defi Racer Boost Gauge, Defi Racer Oil Temperature Gauge, Eibach Sportlines, Rexpeed CF Hood Dampers, Rexpeed A-Pillar Gauge Pod, Rexpeed CF Duckbill Lip Spoiler
Old 06-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart23 View Post
every once in a while on an open road ill put my foot to the floor and let the car accelerate hard, and then when i let off, the revs stay reallllllly high for a couple seconds then come back down. is this bad for the car?
If you only get throttle happy on the open road once in awhile you should be ok just make sure you got all your fluid & oil. Every engine needs a little bit of a work out through the rpm range keeps it running strong.
About your rev staying high, is your habit of driving.
Was it in Normal or Sport Mode?
Shift a gear up will get you better gas mileage & wont rev as high, unless you are keeping the rpm high in lower gear for engine braking?

Quote:
and also say im stopped at a stop sign, and decide to floor it, is it bad to put the peddle right to the floor? i mean , the car is really slow in first gear mainly due to the turbo lag, and im not launching the car, so is this harmful?
If you want to take off like bat out of hell you gotta to launch the car. (Could wear out your TC-SST launching the car but people have done it)
Yes 1st gear if you floor the pedal it will lag, but if you did two step on your pedal you will not feel the lag as much.

Harmful is relative...
There is normal wear & tear with normal operations...
If you drive harder normal wear & tear faster...
Make sense???
Old 06-28-2010, 11:09 AM

its in sport mode. and the reason why it revs so high is because ill hit the gas and by accident right when it before it would switch into 6, i would let off the gas (just coincidentally when i wanted to stop accelerating) so it wouldnt switch into 6 and stay high in 5.

Smoked Lights, Vortex Generator, Red Mitsu Logos, XXR 522 18x9.5 et38, Falken fk452 235/40/18, Rally Armor Mudflaps, UR Cat Back, UR High Flow Cat, UR Downpipe, Ur UICP, AMS Intercooler, Defi Racer Boost Gauge, Defi Racer Oil Temperature Gauge, Eibach Sportlines, Rexpeed CF Hood Dampers, Rexpeed A-Pillar Gauge Pod, Rexpeed CF Duckbill Lip Spoiler
Old 06-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
its in sport mode. and the reason why it revs so high is because ill hit the gas and by accident right when it before it would switch into 6, i would let off the gas (just coincidentally when i wanted to stop accelerating) so it wouldnt switch into 6 and stay high in 5.
so you're driving Sports mode in Auto?
Yes it will stay high rev to rev match but you can use your paddle + shift in Auto to override instead of staying high rev to up shift higher gear & lower rev.
Depends on how you drive...
I hardly drive in sports mode & auto...
***Sports mode spools the turbo faster - FYI***
***Waste more gas too.***