ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2011, 12:00 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero
Default HOW TO: Relocate AWC button to the dash

I take no credit for this modification as it was done by "tjwphoto" on EvolutionM.net. I brought up the idea but he carried it out. This is a good mod to do if you're annoyed at only having the one button sitting below the shifter out of three possible buttons, and having an extra slot or two open up where the TCS button on the dash is located. You could relocate the AWC button up there and replace the blank buttons with the OEM cubby tray that comes on the standard Lancers to hold a phone or iPod or whatever. This guide is word for word by "tjwphoto".

Part 1 of 3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwphoto View Post
new thread for search purposes

Took me about 2 hours; with instruction maybe less
Tools required. Knife, Phillips screw driver, thin flathead to pry, 10mm socket, cutter

My vocabulary may be incorrect because I have no auto background but deal with it. Also this is how I did it, there maybe be an easier way but also deal with it

First step, pop out that awc box with a knife or something strong and thin and unhook the wire harness, also take out the awc button from the box and save it for the dash location, simple process just look at it

Using a 10mm socket, take out bolts inside the center console so you can remove this later. With a very thin flathead, thinner the better, pry up on the plastic cover for the cupholders area or whatever it is to dismantle the center area. see next step.

Pushing toward the cup holders where my fingers are, then sliding them under allows you to grab and pull upward to unhook some of the plastic clips, work this piece loose and take it out.