ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 12-10-2009, 03:57 PM

Oh sorry, I just noticed your PR. This service doesn't apply.

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0...NzFkNDcz&hl=en
Old 12-11-2009, 04:32 AM

Thanks for the info...
Old 12-14-2009, 11:09 PM

Default shifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart26 View Post
its worse when its in drive. so is that just how our tranny rides?
I just squeeze out (not really redlining it) the gas every gear prior to the 5th-6th and then it would shift fairly smoothly. and yes it starts a little sluggish in the morning or during (very) cold weather. In stop and go traffic, clunks from 1st to 2nd gear and vice versa (auto-mode), though not as bad now as it was then.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart26 View Post
should i call to see if they can even do anything? cause id have to take off my mods before bringing it up there.
I would leave the cat-back on, but remove any other mods and see if it changes or improves your shifting. If so, you have your answer. I suspect it won't but why waste your time and the dealers if that is the problem.

Then set up and appointment and have the service advisor or technician drive the car with you to duplicate the conditions. If it only does it in the morning cold then leave the car overnight so the dealer can drive it under those circumstances, otherwise if they can't duplicate your issue, they can't fix it.

You could also arrange it so you meet them at the dealer for that morning test drive to confirm your concerns on the test drive. Just remember to leave the car with them overnight if the concern is only first thing in the morning.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzi View Post
I just squeeze out (not really redlining it) the gas every gear prior to the 5th-6th and then it would shift fairly smoothly. and yes it starts a little sluggish in the morning or during (very) cold weather. In stop and go traffic, clunks from 1st to 2nd gear and vice versa (auto-mode), though not as bad now as it was then.
I used to have the same noise in 1st & 2nd but not anymore, I have about 11,700 miles on it now. It may have to do with the clutches being new.

I do notice clicking noise when air/heater is on & idling. If I turn the fan off no more clicking, I presume its normal.
FYI you cant use Cruise Control on Sports Mode.
***Do not use CC during the rain or snow***
Old 12-22-2009, 02:09 AM

Default a/c clicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZL View Post
I used to have the same noise in 1st & 2nd but not anymore, I have about 11,700 miles on it now. It may have to do with the clutches being new.

I do notice clicking noise when air/heater is on & idling. If I turn the fan off no more clicking, I presume its normal.
FYI you cant use Cruise Control on Sports Mode.
***Do not use CC during the rain or snow***
MIne did too, a/c clicking audibly when turned on or when on. I have 10,000 miles on mine and it';s shifting smoothly now.. Unless of course I mess around with my gas pedal..
Old 03-23-2011, 09:31 PM

Default problem in ct

i left mitsubishi today having complained of the same problem. getting new tranny ordered car has 27,000 on it no mods
Old 03-24-2011, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

I know this thread old and was revived, but this scares me to know that people are having problems with this transmission. Not so much the fact that it's covered under warranty, but what would happen when my warranty expires and the transmission dies. This is the biggest purchase I've made so far in my almost-23 year old life and I don't want to have to fork out a third of the cost of the car just on a new transmission after my warranty is up.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

I got 31k miles on it now & it is still running great for my daily driving shifting @ 3k rpm every gear in manual normal mode. Trying to conserve fuel. In Neutral @ stop lights.

I have been trying out the auto mode. It shifts a tick below 3k rpm with easy normal throttle pressure. Downshifts if you step on it to merge on to the freeways. Its matches your throttle input which is pretty cool.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:28 AM

The only issue I have with auto, is the extra work that comes from it. If you are in a situation where the speed isn't constant, the tranny could want to shift back and forth a gear where as in manual, it wont until you tell it too.

That's more work, wear and heat.

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV