ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 05-12-2010, 08:40 AM

Lightbulb HID kit help- only one side works

I recently installed an HID kit on my RA and only the left side works. I've gone through most of the troubleshooting, so I'm sure all of the connections are correct and none of the components are faulty (ie bulbs, ballasts). I've read that my next option is to install resistors on the side that isn't working which will tell the battery it needs to send more current to that side. Am I understanding this correctly? Is there anything else I can do to get both sides working without purchasing additional parts?

I'm new to the site too, so I appreciate you veterans' help!
Old 05-12-2010, 09:26 AM

So I'm guessing you didn't go for the Recaro package?

I'm no electrical engineer, but my understanding of a resistor is that it reduces/restricts/limits the flow in the path of a current. I don't know how installing it on the side that doesn't work would help things. Otherwise, I'm not going to be much help - sorry! Have you tried calling the manufacturer of the product?

BTW, welcome to the site. Hopefully you will find it of use!
Old 05-12-2010, 09:28 AM

are you sure the bulbs work......when you turn on the headlights does it make some nosie like the ballasts are turning on......??

you try to fock on meee!!!!!(aka HANG-OVER movie)
Old 05-12-2010, 09:54 AM

Yes as far as I have tested both bulbs are working, and the ballasts are receiving power. I did a little research and found it is usually a low voltage issue, but I thought someone here may have had some experience and could shed some light on the sitch...

Blackbeast- ouch! hah no I didn't, I couldn't justify 3g's for sound I can piece together for less, and I didn't think the recaro seats would save enough weight to make a big performance difference (but man those things are sweet!). And obviously I thought I could handle the HID conversion for $190 (I thought wrong...) Did you spring for the recaro package?
Old 05-12-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrally85 View Post
Blackbeast- ouch! hah no I didn't, I couldn't justify 3g's for sound I can piece together for less, and I didn't think the recaro seats would save enough weight to make a big performance difference (but man those things are sweet!). And obviously I thought I could handle the HID conversion for $190 (I thought wrong...) Did you spring for the recaro package?
Yup. Went for the recaro package - lumped it into the financing...

I've done plenty of stereo installs in my time and I'm pretty much done with 'em. I can never seem to go cheap and always want high end stuff. This was a compromise for me, plus it got it done quick and factory clean. I knew I had to have the recaros since I wasn't getting an evo and had to have the HID so it was a no brainer for me. The seats alone are going for roughly $800 used. Plus this way everything is warrantied. Plus the 6 month Sirrius trial was a nice perk. I actually ended up renewing the contract when it ran out for 10 bucks a month.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:34 PM

I had installed an hid kit on my evolution x. The main problem I had was they wouldn't work with the daytime running lights. On mine the lights would flicker and shut off. You might need to pull the drl fuse. I don't know if this is your problem, but it will screw up after market hid's.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:45 PM

I actually did pull the drl fuse, I forgot to mention that. I wonder if I may have a faulty ballast? Although it worked when I cross-checked it by switching it to the other side.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:29 PM

has anyone installed after market HIDs with out anything going worng?? I want to get some and installed them my self but after reading some of you guy's post Im think should I just pay to have them put on??

Old 05-13-2010, 02:59 PM

where is the DRL fuse at???

Old 05-13-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmboi View Post
has anyone installed after market HIDs with out anything going worng?? I want to get some and installed them my self but after reading some of you guy's post Im think should I just pay to have them put on??
i installed a set on mine right side dosnt come on once in a great while but a quick turn of the switch and it comes on other then that no problem