ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > ClubRalliart Forums > Newbies

Old 09-20-2012, 09:47 AM

Default Thinking about switching!!!

Hey guys! Ive gotten bored of my n/a 4 banger eclipse over the past year and it just doesnt do it for me so ive been doing some research and will hopefuly be in the market for a car thats more "gearable" to my standards. Upon doing research for a couple months now ive narrowed down my choices to two culprates. A 09-11 lancer ralliart, or an 09-11 WRX Sedan. Both are pretty equal but the WRX has a little more power. with that being said ive also read that each car rolls in at about 200 WHP give or take a few on each car. I do like the exterior and interior of the ralliart a little more and i cannot drive a manual very well so the subaru loses points there. Im just trying to get more insight guys i hope you can help!
Old 09-20-2012, 10:02 AM

well seeing as your ona forum for the RA than it will be overwhelming for.you to go RA, its a peactical daily driver that is as much fun to drive as any car ive test drove, and can easily beat wrx,evo or sti. biggest thing is the tc-sst tranny, if you.love the feeling of pressing the clutch and haing a traditional standard than its wrx but in all other aspects its the RA. i have talked to numerous people about thw WRX's tranny and have heard alot of horror stories about issues with the 5 spd tranny ones you start putting some mods on it and.increase the power but have you test drove them?
Old 09-20-2012, 10:11 AM

RA and WRX is both great cars for the money...both cars have it tranny problems...but if ur not sloppy with the car it should be fun either or....however...if u decide to go subies...be prepare to dump cash to make WRX as fast as a RA...for example...look at my sig for parts I installed with tune...I make from 209hp on dyno to 272hp @ RRE...cost me about 2100 total cash...if on a subie for the same $2100...u probably gonna make half of th hp...but yeah...RA is a hella good DD though...

Where r u btw?

Phase 1
[X] Cosworth Drop-In
[X] UR Full Catback Exhaust
[X] UR Upper ICP
[X] UR Lower ICP
[X] Evo X FMIC
[X] Evo X BOV

Phase 2 - Breaks
Old 09-20-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliNurse View Post
RA and WRX is both great cars for the money...both cars have it tranny problems...but if ur not sloppy with the car it should be fun either or....however...if u decide to go subies...be prepare to dump cash to make WRX as fast as a RA...for example...look at my sig for parts I installed with tune...I make from 209hp on dyno to 272hp @ RRE...cost me about 2100 total cash...if on a subie for the same $2100...u probably gonna make half of th hp...but yeah...RA is a hella good DD though...

Where r u btw?
I'm from boring old Nebraska land, Omaha to be exact.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:54 AM

since your from nebraska go talk to bo pellini and ask him wtf is going on with those cornhuskers for me
Old 09-20-2012, 11:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to OherrOderr

Here's my two cents...

The WRX and STI are basically two different cars. Pretty much has two completely different motors. The WRX isn't just a "watered down" version of an STI it's basically a different car

The Ralliart on the other hand has the 4B11T motor that's in the Evo X.

Breakdown: The Ralliart has the same engine as the Evo X, Same transmission that's in the Evo X MR and SE, and same AWD system as the Evo IX.

However, the Ralliart has a single scroll turbo and a smaller intercooler (De-tuned). And the Evo X has a twin-scroll turbo, larger intercooler, and tuned up to match. Basically a truly "watered down" version of the Evo.

Both scoobies and mitsu's will always be beasts on and off the road. Both are badass cars that will be talked about forever. You can't go wrong with either of them...

BUT, if you get a Ralliart you can get a used Evo X turbo, Evo X intercooler, Evo X bov, and get some uicp/licp, boost pill, intake, exhaust, and tune and you'll be rapping rex's and sti's all day errrrrrrrrday

Fin
Old 09-20-2012, 11:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to OherrOderr

P.S.

Watch the Top Gear video where they do the Evo vs STI comparison

My personal favorite part (and I think I speak for everyone else) is when the Evo is doing donuts around the STI

Last edited by OherrOderr; 09-20-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OherrOderr View Post

Breakdown: The Ralliart has the same engine as the Evo X, Same transmission that's in the Evo X MR and SE, and same AWD system as the Evo IX.
For the billionth time, the AWD system is not the same as the Evo 9, it's the same as the Evo 10, minus the rear diff (no AYC). The rear diff is the only thing different between the RA and Evo 10. At least as far as engine/trans/tcase/rear diff is concerned.

Last edited by razorlab; 09-20-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Regional Moderator

yeah, i just sold my impreza for my RA.. the auto we have is way more fun than a stick if you live in the city and hit alot of stop and go driving? the RA is the bomb.. and since you said youre not big on stick the choice is easy.. also we can build our cars to serious power, but, its actually quite a bit more fun after you do the IC/BOV swap. thats our main stock issue..

but, on the track i really like the symmetrical AWD system, they can play in between reg drive and drift all day long without any effort!! i havent been able to get my RA to slide around quite the same..
Old 09-20-2012, 03:40 PM

well apparently i didnt read your entire first post, if you cant drive a standard then its a no brainer to go with the RA.. manual is easy to learn and find them alot more fun and you have more of a connection to the car but since theres no strue standard for the RA i sucked it up. best choice i ever made