ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 05-27-2011, 08:47 PM

subscribed! Definitely interested in these topics.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:17 PM

confirmed by kozmic (from his experience), the crank is the only difference between the RA and Evo 4b11t. no big deal

and I'm very lucky to have him and SSP opening a shop locally. just met with him tonight and have different plans for my RA now. I'll be skipping the stock X turbo for sure now - I get to drive them all the time at work, I'm already bored with them
Old 05-28-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exyia View Post
I'll be skipping the stock X turbo for sure now - I get to drive them all the time at work, I'm already bored with them

Cool story brah! heeh jk

This kozmic guy, who is he?

Lastly what are your plans for the turbo? if you dont mind me asking..

zeRep
Old 05-28-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeRep85 View Post
Tuner in Texas. I've heard of him before.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeRep85 View Post
Cool story brah! heeh jk

Lastly what are your plans for the turbo? if you dont mind me asking..

zeRep
he's a fabulous SST tuner here in Houston. He's tuned SSP's SST's, including their Evo X MR track car. he definitely knows his stuff

as for turbo, it will be a stock-frame for now. ETS t3 kit will have to wait
Old 05-28-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exyia View Post
he's a fabulous SST tuner here in Houston. He's tuned SSP's SST's, including their Evo X MR track car. he definitely knows his stuff

as for turbo, it will be a stock-frame for now. ETS t3 kit will have to wait
In that case....have him to sign up and chime in!
Old 05-28-2011, 07:18 PM

I want to know more about the crank and bottom end of the engine. Sorry until I see part numbers that can be verified as different between the Evo X and Ralliart I will assume they are exactly the same each and every part through out the engine until someone proves differently. I have heard stories going back to late 2008 but have yet to see proof that the Evo X has better parts.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:54 PM

The crank doesn't affect me. I have the utmost confidence in the tuners whom I trust with my car.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:01 PM

This thread needs updating. I have been hearing some good news on the TC-SST front. The TCU looks like it might be cracking. I will take a look at that more in-depth when I get back from vacation next week. If what I am hearing is accurate, the strengthening method being implemented is similar in design and execution to those already in place in automatic transmissions handling well over 500 HP. It is a simple little fix, but it should go a LONG way.

The clutch-packs are almost done. These things have changed directions several times. There is now a new player to that game, too. It appears that Exedy is going to be joining the market. That is interesting, because their prices are expected to be higher than SSP's. Either way, the Kevlar clutches that will be out shortly should work perfectly with the TCU tweak. The cooler is still on the table. There are a couple of different ideas that I have for that. One converts the existing transmission cooler into an oil cooler. It uses a setup with an additional cooler the size of a mini-radiator. That might be the only way to solve this problem for good.

The massive brake kit (using Z06 calipers) will be in production starting next week. I have seen them on the car, and the result is mind-boggling. There are not words for how big the entire setup is. I will start out with Hawk HPS pads. I anticipate those being just fine for any and all applications.

The fueling problems continue. I have been hearing great things about the COBB fuel pump kit, and that is what I may end up buying. Other than that, the Walboro has been a great little pump.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA View Post
This thread needs updating. I have been hearing some good news on the TC-SST front. The TCU looks like it might be cracking. I will take a look at that more in-depth when I get back from vacation next week. If what I am hearing is accurate, the strengthening method being implemented is similar in design and execution to those already in place in automatic transmissions handling well over 500 HP. It is a simple little fix, but it should go a LONG way.

The clutch-packs are almost done. These things have changed directions several times. There is now a new player to that game, too. It appears that Exedy is going to be joining the market. That is interesting, because their prices are expected to be higher than SSP's. Either way, the Kevlar clutches that will be out shortly should work perfectly with the TCU tweak. The cooler is still on the table. There are a couple of different ideas that I have for that. One converts the existing transmission cooler into an oil cooler. It uses a setup with an additional cooler the size of a mini-radiator. That might be the only way to solve this problem for good.

The massive brake kit (using Z06 calipers) will be in production starting next week. I have seen them on the car, and the result is mind-boggling. There are not words for how big the entire setup is. I will start out with Hawk HPS pads. I anticipate those being just fine for any and all applications.

The fueling problems continue. I have been hearing great things about the COBB fuel pump kit, and that is what I may end up buying. Other than that, the Walboro has been a great little pump.
Very nice update. Can't wait to see these in action.