ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 03-29-2015, 01:56 PM

How much did the RRM adapter for the intake run you? Does it completely replace the turbo inlet piece off of the X turbo? My turbo gave out this week and I'm almost done piecing together the kit but this is one of the parts I have left to get.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_Ra View Post
How much did the RRM adapter for the intake run you? Does it completely replace the turbo inlet piece off of the X turbo? My turbo gave out this week and I'm almost done piecing together the kit but this is one of the parts I have left to get.
FYI: You could of simply PM me.
I have not installed this pipe on my car as of yet as I still have not gotten the funds for the upgrade myself yet. I am simply trying to buy the parts necessary for the build as I can afford them.
To answer your question the RRE adapter pipe is meant only for Ralliarts that have the AEM Ralliart specific intake already and are now upgrading to an Evo X type turbo.

So just because you maybe upgrading to or continuing with an Evo X turbo does not mean you need this. Only if you are already running the AEM Ralliart intake and intend on keeping the battery under the hood would you do this. I hope this clarifies things for you.

Please any further questions in regards to your own plans or build can be sent in a PM, but feel free to post any questions that directly relate to my build.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:36 PM

Recently replaced all silicone couplers with blue Mishimoto couplers and new T bolt with wider hose clamps.
Upgraded to Synapse Diverter valve and chased down several boost leaks.

Next round of upgrades is for early May 2015.
#12 second Ralliart club here I come.
Will be installing fuel system upgrades next month including the following:
Deatschwerks Evo X 1000 cc top feed injectors
Deatschwerks 65c fuel pump with install kit 265 lph
Grimm Speed 3 port electronic boost control solenoid (Evo X )
AMS Evo x Fuel rail kit in Black,
Followed by a custom tune
#getting ready for big turbo
Old 05-06-2015, 09:59 PM

Next round of upgrades are installed now.
#12 second Ralliart club here I come.

Deatschwerks Evo X 1000 cc top feed injectors
Deatschwerks 65c fuel pump with install kit 265 lph
Grimm Speed 3 port electronic boost control solenoid (Evo X )
AMS Evo x Fuel rail kit in Black,
Re worked the AEM intake
Custom tune by Shane at DB Performance which increases boost above 25 lbs but limits horse power and torque in 1st and 2nd gears in order to be gentle on my stock transmission and limits torque to around 273 or less through all gears.

Next stop:
MHI TF06-18K Turbo,
ETS Evo X Twin scroll Stock replacement tubular equal length runner manifold
AMS wide mouth downpipe
All the gaskets, fittings and hardware to do the swap etc..

This week getting my front bumper cover redone yet again and yes different once again
Will post picture once I get it back from body shop and on car.

Also this week is my do it yourself project of removing the stock hood underside insulation and heat shield. Repainting the bare void found underneath where the above mentioned parts used to hide this area. Pictures to follow in a few days.

Bottom line I lose some on the low end and gain some in middle and top.
#getting ready for big turbo
Old 05-07-2015, 08:04 AM

Beautiful work.

Any thoughts on a smaller/lighter battery or relocating it to the trunk?
Old 05-07-2015, 03:28 PM

Possibilities are many, I have a binder with several ideas. Because I usually drive my car in winter a smaller/ lighter battery is out of the question. I have done some measuring and some mock ups so new Turbo is bigger than Evo X physically and has a 3 inch intake and not 2.5 like a stock evo x turbo.
Going to have to toss the AEM Ralliart specific box itself as the new pipe is bigger and longer and won't have room to enter the box at the default angle. New silicone adaptor 3 inch to 2.5 with aprox 45 degree bend and re use the pipe pc and filter that came with AEM box.
Question is do I relocate battery now to trunk and get AEM Evo X set up or do I keep battery under hood and maybe try the CBRD intake pipe solution.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:48 PM

Never wanting to look stock I once again have re worked the front bumper cover. Here are some work in progress pictures my buddy sent to my phone from his body shop. Keep in mind they were then sent to Facebook then saved off Facebook to my PC etc..

Old 05-07-2015, 03:55 PM

Not stopping there since I was bored it was raining outside and did not want a ticket from driving my car around with out the front bumper cover. I removed the insulation and heat shield on the underside of the hood only to find a big bare patch of unpainted and oxidized aluminum. Needless to say I had to squeeze every drop of paint out of the 1/4 full can I had saved for touch ups. Anyway a few more pics. Sorry I lost the ugly one with the unpainted patch in the middle. First one is an old picture which has insulation and heat shield installed.

Old 05-16-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeRep85 View Post
Nice choice for the turbo. Little better than a X turbo.

Why are you choosing to go ETS manifold over a ported stock X one?

zeRep
Stock cast manifold has thin spots which are prone to hot spots and cracking, plus the ETS tubular manifold has the cool look of headers way better flow lighter weight. I am getting manifold, and turbo exhaust side ceramic coated for better heat retention etc..

I have done the research and all the OEM manifold seem to crack in exactly the same spot, so obvious design flaw and since the Evo will no longer be made Mitsubishi will not be making a revision to fix this. The ETS manifold was specifically recommended by 3 different tuning shops. 2 in the USA and 1 in Canada all of which do Evo X and Ralliart Tunes and turbo upgrades.
This can't be a coincidence. I would rather learn from other peoples mistakes and only spend my money on a specific part once.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:24 AM

o.k So I had a kid purposefully spin his wheels and blast the front of my car with gravel which covered the front of my car in stone chips. I had a buddies body shop fix up my front bumper cover again and I paid for it out of my own pocket approx. 500 bucks. He tells me that there is a lot of damage still to be fixed like repainting the hood and possibly roof and passenger side mirror and replacing the wind shield. I had already filed a police report for the incident and got a picture of the car and his plate number. Put inan insurance claim and they tell me with parts, material and labour it will be over $2000.00 but I only have a 200 deductible which I will probably get back when they go after this kid for damages.

Without further delay here are more pictures of my front bumper the finished piece and what it looks like on the car. In case anyone is wondering. Yes I did spray the bumper cover in spray on truck bed liner. LOL!

Last edited by Jackal; 05-16-2015 at 08:27 AM.